Active Topics

Notices

I just got MaQii running and like it a lot. (Although it took me a while to realize I needed to select the directory baseq was in not the baseq directory itself). Now that its running though I want to change some of the controls. I tried editing the quetoo.cfg file but it seems to get overwritten. How can I change the controls?

Figured it out. Just gotta make a user.cfg and put it in my baseq directory. Gotta say that of all the FPS games I've played on the internet tablet this one works the best natively. Doom I don't like because I only can use a small section of the screen to control my view. Duke Nukem is a lot of fun and allows you to look around no matter where your stylus is, but really requires a keyboard to open doors and switches and use things like the holoduke. The inventory screen in Quake 2 though solves this problem. I can actually play the game without a keyboard, which means I can play it without having to sit down. Kudos for that! Its also the best looking FPS on the tablet so far. Just wish I could squeeze some more FPS out of 800x480.

Banned | Posts: 82 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Israel
u know what? i did that too many times already,made a user.cfg file in the baseq directory and firstly it runs with no problems at all but then when i quit and rerun the game it refuses to launch.. i have no idea why and the only solution to get it working again is deleting through ssh the .quake2 file and reinstalling maqii and of course deleting the user.cfg that i created.. this sucks,try to relaunch the game and tell me if it still works in yours

Its working fine for me. Did you put your user.cfg in the baseq directory that is a subdirectory of the directory you pick in settings? Or did you put it in the directory that gets copied to? Which is /home/user/.quake2/baseq ? I didn't know which to put it in so I put it in both, and its working for me