Hello,

I just received the 1 GB MMC Memory Card today from Meritline.com; the Nokia 770 says that "no memory card inserted"

why?

thanks,
Dr. Patel

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Not formatted? Not inserted properly? Difficult to say...

Does Windows recognise it, either via the 770 as a card reader or using an external card reader?

is it rs-mmc, do you have inserted and the latch closed

on the package ir states,

dual voltage MMC mobile memory card by Kingston. I ordered this because of a post I saw on this website. Is this the wrong type of card?

thanks,
Jeet

I am using a kingston MMC Mobile 1GB card and it works fine, it came preformatted. Test it in some other device, most likely it's broken.

hello,

my laptop will not even identify the card; the package was brand new; what other device could I try it in?? How could I be sure that if they sent me another one that it would work???

thanks,
Jeet

Posts: 55 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Bethesda, MD
Jeet,
It pretty much boils down to the fact you got a bad card. It happens. As to guarantee the next will work, no way to do that, but I would do a quick GOOGLE search using NOKIA 770 and Kingston MMC card and see if you find any trouble . Overall from what I have seen, it doesnt seem to have a tempremental MMC slot, fortunately.

I use this mmc-mobile from newegg with no problems:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820211037

I have the same card. I think I mentioned it in the other thread, but make sure the slot door is closed and unplug the USB cable.

Mine wasn't recognized at first, I swapped it with my other card (Sandisk), re-booted, and put the Kingston back in. Worked fine.

The Following User Says Thank You to lawbeefaroni For This Useful Post:
I just received a Kingston 2GB rs-mmc card and while the phone (a Nokia 6680) and the card reader read and write the card just fine, the 770 says "unformatted or damaged card".

I let the phone format it in case it was not ok, but the result is the same.

In the control panel I can't format the card because in the tab it says it's damaged and everything else is disabled.

Any idea?

Could it be the 770 reader is not 100% rs-mmc compatbile?

Edit: I'm runninng non-beta2006 and I don't wish to downgrade unless it's proved it will solve the issue.

Last edited by Palin; 2006-07-03 at 09:45.