Active Topics

I'm an amateur astronomer from Italy. Before trying to install Kde on my n810 I ask you if KStars works well. Thank you very much for your help. Fioresalv.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Do you ask it because you already use KStars? Because there exists Maemo Stars, which is furtermore developed / maintained from an italian programmer.

Ciao. Chiedi perchè già usi Kstars? Perchè esiste Maemo Stars che in aggiunta è mantenuto / programmato da un programmatore italiano

Unfortunately Maemo Stars isn't for n810.

Purtroppo Maemo Stars non è compilato per l'n810. Qualche giorno fa "elpaso" ha cercato di ricompilarlo ma non ha trovato una libreria.

Last edited by fioresalv; 2008-05-23 at 09:35.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by fioresalv View Post
I'm an amateur astronomer from Italy. Before trying to install Kde on my n810 I ask you if KStars works well. Thank you very much for your help. Fioresalv.
I have KDE installed already and I've opened KStars and looked around a bit and all seems to work well. If you would give me something to do to actually test it out I would be happy to help. I just don't know much about astronomy

Thanks for you help. Now my 1st problem is to find a good way to install KDE. Best regards.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I have KDE installed already and I've opened KStars and looked around a bit and all seems to work well. If you would give me something to do to actually test it out I would be happy to help. I just don't know much about astronomy

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Thanks for you help. Now my 1st problem is to find a good way to install KDE. Best regards.
two DEBS very easy

Clone OS to SD

KDE v3 installer
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=20317
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2009-05-12 at 02:45.

Thanks for your help. Once the install process is started I don't view any progress: 300mb kde will downloaded from internet or I need other files on my external sd card before installing? Rgs

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
two DEBS very easy

Clone OS to SD
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19639

KDE v3 installer

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Thanks for your help. Once the install process is started I don't view any progress: 300mb kde will downloaded from internet or I need other files on my external sd card before installing? Rgs
two DEBS very easy

Clone OS to SD

KDE v3 installer

I advise reading the posts.

Boot up, install Clone to SD deb
reboot,boot to new SD partition
install KDE v3 installer deb, it will download everything needed for KDE
when finished reboot, again back to SD partition
start KDE from the extras menu
done
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2009-05-12 at 02:46.

Tags
kde, kde35, kstars