i lost my adapter, where do i go for a new one? cheap. what is the voltage and amp output of the one i lost? i bought one off of ebay and it does not work. is there one at radio shack?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
sorry ebay did not work for you. Mine from ebay cost $3 and works great. Go to a cell phone store that sells Nokia accessories and buy the adaptor for a N95 cell phone, it's the same.Also, you can buy a car adaptor.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
And if you've lost one after you buy an immediate replacement go to someplace like dealextreme (search) and buy a bunch of the usb variants, these only cost a couple of $$ each, but take a couple of weeks to be delivered.
PLEASE use the Wiki

I have two adapters. The plug part of one is broken. Radio Shack didn't have it. Any ideas?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Any Nokia phone charger with the small (2.5 mm) plug will work fine. Or any generic phone charger that comes with that plug. I have two different non-Nokia chargers with 2.5 mm plugs and none of them has yet blown up any of my tablets.

In a pinch, you can use a charger with a large Nokia plug (3.5 mm) and buy the 3.5 to 2.5 mm adapter.

I thought the plug was 2.0 not 2.5 mm?

The Following User Says Thank You to st5150 For This Useful Post:
Correct; small Nokia is 2mm; I think SEs use a 2.5mm, which is physically incompatible. (I don't know about electrical compatibility...)

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
I thought the plug was 2.0 not 2.5 mm?
I had to use a cheap ruler.

I bought my adaptor at walmart - its a generic nokia charger. Bring your n810 with you to ensure it works cause the plug end is there to try.