Active Topics

I really don't want to send my tablet in and pay for shipping and find a box exactly, but I will if I have to, anyways I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix blue vertical lines on the screen of a n800?

A can of green spray paint? No blue lines now!

I assume getting a new screen and replacing it would do the trick; I know the N810 screen has been sourced, and I think the N800 too. Search around for it. (It's been speculated that the N810 screen (same size, but transflective) could be a replacement; this has been partially smacked down by a Nokia employee saying he thought even the flex cable was different, but no certain results exist. It would be the single most exciting N800 hardware mod ever, I think, if you could do it.)

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
Originally Posted by jbb View Post
anyways I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix blue vertical lines on the screen of a n800?
i didn't know the New York Yankees were an official sponsor of the Nokia ITTs.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

will you be here all week?
should I try the veal?

ok, so no one knows, also could someone from nokia, or knows someone from there please tell me why I should pay for shipping on there mistake?

Why don't you call Nokia, if you want answers from Nokia?

Originally Posted by jbb View Post
I really don't want to send my tablet in and pay for shipping and find a box exactly
I'm AMAZED they make you do this in America. Here in Europe you can just take it to the nearest authorised repair centre, all totally free (it doesn't even have to be a Nokia centre, a lot of independent phone shops and chains will act on Nokia's behalf, and their names are listed on Nokia's regional websites).

i actually found that if i apply pressure to the left side of the shell next to the touch screen it goes away, whatever that means

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If you prefer European pricing and European policies, I guess that would be an argument for living in Europe.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If you prefer European pricing and European policies, I guess that would be an argument for living in Europe.
I'm not praising things for being European :-) , just mentioning that it clearly is possible to run a repair service without demanding that the devices be posted at the owner's expense.

It sounds like some American customer service companies have cut a few too many corners.