Active Topics

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Hey I have never really paid that much attintion to gizmo5 project but I noticed that if you know someone with a gizmo5 account and there phone number is listed on there you can call them with gizmo5 for free to landlines and mobile. Does that include the version of the software for the tablet or just the desktop version? Also couldn't I just make a second gizmo5 account and and my friends numbers to it even if they don't have an account.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Yes, it works on the tablets, but it only applies to "active" accounts, so you have to use at least 10 minutes a month (or something similar).

Or if you buy call-out minutes. I added $10 six months ago, and still have $9.38 currently.

There site says you can call people who have their numbers added to a gizmo account you can call for free so why would you need to add call out minutes

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Idaho Falls, ID
Some (including me) use Gizmo with GrandCentral to get free incoming/outgoing calls from/to landlines. See this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14536

Grandcentral isn't taking new people right now.

>>you can call people who have their numbers added to a gizmo account you can call for free so why would you need to add call out minutes.
<<

To call landlines.

You shouldn't as far as I can tell.

If you mean calling landlines free as an "active user", then maybe (can somebody verify?). But I don't have friends with gizmo account, so it won't be easy to get myself qualified. $10 for a year (probably much longer) of use is dirt cheap anyway.

>>Some (including me) use Gizmo with GrandCentral to get free incoming/outgoing calls from/to landlines. See this thread:<<

I use GrandCentral too. But the underlying service that is actually calling out (including to landlines) is Gizmo. And it costs money unless you are an "active" user.