I'm loving KDE on my N810 - it's turned the device into the UMPC I always wanted it to be.

But, I've hit a problem with Akgregator. Not a huge issues for me but irritating. In short, it used to open, then it locked up one day and now (despite a subsequent reinstall of KDE) it won't open. It does it's little bouncing icon thing to show that the device is trying to launch Akgregator but nothing happens and when I select 'add feed to Akgregator' in Konqueror, it crashes the browser and I get the 'terminate' dialogue.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,

Richard

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Richard Ross View Post
I'm loving KDE on my N810 - it's turned the device into the UMPC I always wanted it to be.

But, I've hit a problem with Akgregator. Not a huge issues for me but irritating. In short, it used to open, then it locked up one day and now (despite a subsequent reinstall of KDE) it won't open. It does it's little bouncing icon thing to show that the device is trying to launch Akgregator but nothing happens and when I select 'add feed to Akgregator' in Konqueror, it crashes the browser and I get the 'terminate' dialogue.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,

Richard
2 things,

1) when was the last time you used fsck on the filesystem, it could be corrupt and need to be checked for errors.

2) Reinstalling KDE might not fix it becuase the setting sile was not there originally, so it wont be over-written

If you want to reinstall, just

mv /home/user/.kde /home/user/.kde-old

cd /

tar zxvf /path/to/SUP.tgz or SUPv2 or v3 or whatever your installing..

This will dump a new .kde and shoudl fix it, but you would lose all yuor custome settings (if any)
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

PB - Thanks, man, I'll try that as soon as I have a moment.

By the way, cheers for all the work on KDE - it's a fantastic achievement.

Tags
kde, kde35