Active Topics

I know that the Sidekicks don't tether correctly.

If so. do II want to select the Hotspot service, or something else?

In the USA

My brother's Nokia N800 works nicely with T-Mobile using his Treo 680 about 20% of the time when we try to connect. No idea as to what the problem is.

I have tried to configure my Nokia N810 to work with T-Mobile using a T-Mobile Dash and a Blackberry Curve 8320. I was unsuccessful.

I have searched this and other websites for information on proper setting. None worked for me.

If someone has a working T-Mobile USA connection using either of these phones, I would appreciate learning your exact settings.

Also if another phone works well with T-Mobile and the N810, I would appreciate the recommendation and the settings.

My N82 and/or TREO650 works fine...

I had to change the default settings to:

GPRS

wap.voicestream.com

Phone Number to dial: *99***1#

Username and password are all blank

others said they had to do:

change the built in N810 script for Tmobile from internet2.voicestream.com to internet3.voicestream.com

in order for it to work flawlessly...

you might search for all my listing for other tips...

Last edited by here.david; 2008-06-13 at 06:14.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
i'm not up on all of the different blackberry and other smartphone models, but you might just need the 'Bluetooth PAN' package for some phones. I believe it's not so much a service provider issue, as it is a... devices not talking to each other with the right standard... and PAN support is not on the NIT by default.

http://pycage.blogspot.com/2008/02/n...for-maemo.html

I have had my pearl (8100) and curve (8310), both on t-mobile working just fine. The one caveat is that I am using os 4.5. Using earlier OS's on the pearl gave me nothing but problems. OS 4.5 is becoming quite available. Just search around, several cell companies have officially released it for several different phones.

I then followed the instructions in the first post of this thread.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ighlight=pearl

Tethering now works very reliably for me.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
I've had no problems tethering w/ T-mobile USA. I've used a locked T-mobile SDA and an unlocked Sony Ericsson k550i, and connecting was very easy. I agree with some of the other posters in that difficulties you will encounter will likely be phone rather than provider dependent.

On the other hand, I subscribe to Total Internet, so while I am spending more money (arguably needlessly), I don't have to mess with proxy settings or worry about T-mobile blocking proxy access as I would if I were just on T-zones.

Finally, your questions about hotspot at home--It's a phone-centric plan which I'd consider if you do most of your cell phone calling from home (free calling via wifi). I don't know if you can even use the provided wi-fi router as an internet wireless network router though, so I would do some more research to see whether this is even relevant to connecting your n800. A traditional wireless in-home wireless network will work, though.

Edit to add: I'm not sure how much of a phone selection you are getting with h@h--you have to also be sure that the phone you use also has bluetooth, so you can tether outside of your home network.

Last edited by klinglerware; 2008-06-13 at 12:59.