Posts: 56 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Jose, CA
Does anybody have an issue with konqueror freezing for like 30 seconds or more when loading pages with alot of images like amazon.com after searching for something or interfacelift looking at wallpapers? It will usually load up 30-40% freeze for 15-30 secs and then load up till 50-60% and freeze again. Keeps on doing that till it reaches 100% and even then sometimes freezes for a while refreshing stuff.

Most sites otherwise work fantastic.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Only on ITT
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

why is that? Is there anything we can do to minimize the frozen time? more swap or larger cache or something?

what causes the freeze? excessive images or memory issues? anything we can do to maybe reduce it or allieviate it?

Last edited by setasai; 2008-06-19 at 03:03. Reason: oops repeat... wierd I didnt see my own post on the N810 but showed up on desktop.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
It's the images that are taking soooo long to load. You could use a mobile version of the amazon site...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/h.html

I'm not sure increasing swap or cache will help but you could try. I always thought cache size helps with repeat loading instead of that initial load of a large page.

Are there settings that'll tell konqueror to maybe queue up the images or fetch only so many at a time. Similar to the about:config of microb/mozilla?

The Following User Says Thank You to setasai For This Useful Post:

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, konqueror