Active Topics

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
This thread aims to be a general consolidation of a few others out there that all dance around the issue of USB OnTheGo hardware support for the N810/N810 Wimax (and any future tablet that sports MicroUSB and OTG support).

There have been long and numerous discussions regarding OTG on the N800, resulting eventually in the development of a single solution adapter that plugs straight into the MiniUSB port on the N800, and provides a female USB A port to connect to external devices. You can find the information and discussions about that here:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...light=n800+otg

There have also been discussions about possible solutions for the N810 both in the thread mentioned previously (if you can find it in those 30 some odd pages) and in this thread:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14092

Currently there is not a viable single-adapter solution for anything except the N800; thanks to the success of the N800 OTG adapters through this may change very shortly. I've contacted a manufacturer who's willing to produce a fairly unique solution for us:
a MicroUSB A to Female A 360 degree adapter, similiar to the one pictured below but with an N810 compatible MicroUSB A end instead of the Mini one shown. It will automatically put the tablet into host mode when connected, and switch it back into device mode when removed, just as the N800 one does.

I want to begin this thread by trying to determine the viability of this product as I will have to make a fairly substantial commitment to the manufacturer in order to get it done. So, here's the question: it will end up costing somewhere between $10-15 Canadian (more than the N800 ones, but it includes the 360 swiveling thing which the N800 ones currently don't); how many people would be interested in this beastie?

Once I get an idea of how much interest there is IF THERE ARE ENOUGH REQUESTS for this product it will take approximately 3 weeks for the manufacturer to build the items and get them to me for resale, so please don't expect them to be available tomorrow ;o)

Thanks,
-Rob
Attached Images

Last edited by jolouis; 2008-06-19 at 13:21.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I'd be interested in 2 of the adapters

I'll voice my interest here aswell just so you can keep track.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Ooo, I'll buy!

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Me too!890

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Germany
Add two for me as well!

I'm in for couple too, if you're willing to ship them to Europe.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
One for me definitely and if my gf ends up getting an N810 (as she says she will) that will be two.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ ormond beach ,florida
i am also very interested

Hmmm, £5 an adapter is pretty expensive.

I'd be interested in one of them, pending more info on delivery costs to the UK.

Also - if you're getting them manufactured - can you add one with an extra power feed please? I'm sure peeps would pay a little extra for a solution that (say) also accepted a Nokia jack style power input for >100mA USB devices.