I just spent 5 minutes trying to convince the customer care hotline that a 770 does not have a service provider and does have a serial number with letters and numbers.
That was after the first argument over the fact that my personal mobile number had nothing to do with my inquiry.
After a lengthy hold while he consulted someone else, he only re-read the status off the web page "Repair in progress", expect 10-15 days.
Having already read other reports of 5-6 week waits for repair, I tried to get a better explanation, none available.
Nokia is going to have to do much better than this to sell me ANYTHING in the future.

i ordered my tablet online, after waiting 15 days i called the office (belgium) the girl told me they 'simply' forgot to ship it and told me she had to cancel the order (i dunno why). I re-ordered one, and once again the same problem, i had to call after 15 days...they told me they had trouble with stolen card...and once again they canceled the order. The third time was the right time...payement for express shipping (one day), i got my tablet the next week. (5 days later)... as i understood nokia isnt responsible about it, its an external agency in charge of selling the tablet here (in belgium). but thats lame.
the tablet really rocks so i dont mind, but i was really upset when all this happened.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
I've ordered direct and online from Nokia-US twice, and each time they called me and required me to confirm not only my order, but also information about my credit card, before they would ship the device. No email. If you miss their call and voicemail, you will never know that they are holding your order. There is a nice 30 day return period, though.

As of this moment, the Nokia Repair Status page says:
Repair in Progress

However, Nokia sent me a replacement unit which just arrived with no warning.

I would have been much happier two days ago, if they had bothered to let me know it had been shipped.

Better communication would be nice.

A web page which says "Repair in Progress" does nothing for me, since it isn't really the truth.

I am happy to have the 770 back without any excessive delay.

daverup: How long has your N770 been in the repair shop? Are you in the US? I might just not send my in for repair then. It'll be much easier to buy another N770 from compUSA or FRY's and return the broken one. Any advice?

They received my 770 June 1st, shipped the replacement on the 12th, in my hands on the 14th.
In the US
Hope Nokia learns how to communicate with service customers.

Thanks for the info, just ship it out on FedEX.
Hopefull I can get my device back within two to three weeks. Kind of wierd that Nokia doesn't have a better RMA service like all the other electric manufacturers. And no repair center on the west coast of the US, that just don't make sense at all.

Check out the Nokia customer repair e-mail I receive TWICE this morning.

Dear Nokia Repair Customer,

Our records indicate that you recently inquired about having your Nokia
phone repaired and that you provided your e-mail address to allow us to
follow up with you about your repair experience.

To complete the short satisfaction survey, please go to
http://www.nokiausa.com/repairsurvey.

We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to obtain your feedback as it
will help us to improve our level of service to you. Thank you very much
for being a valued Nokia Customer!

Sincerely,

Nokia Customer Care

I would happily reply if

1. My N770 is back in my hand; been gone since June 14.
2. If the god damn link they include actually links to a real page with the survey.

my first 770 i bought in april '06, one had a blue line going through the center of it. entire screen bleeded badly.sent it off in may and after arguing w/ c.s. for 2 weeks, they up and sent me a new one the mail w/ no warning and my name was replacded w/ nokia customer. great service. total time w/ out 770: 31 days

Originally Posted by tdmajic
my first 770 i bought in april '06, one had a blue line going through the center of it. entire screen bleeded badly.sent it off in may and after arguing w/ c.s. for 2 weeks, they up and sent me a new one the mail w/ no warning and my name was replacded w/ nokia customer. great service. total time w/ out 770: 31 days
Yeah, I had to go through the whole arguing with cs part. I should never have to go throught that experience as a paying customer. As much as I like the 770 I am in the middle of selling it as I never want that experience again.