Notices

Just tried out mCalendar http://khertan.net/mcalendar/. This seems to be a project to save us all from all the impossible-to-use-in-real-life calendars! Its the perfect sync-to-googlecalendar app! Its completly buggy but looks VERY promising!! Try it out and give the developers a hurray!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miind For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
I have installed it (+ the home screen mcalendar plugin). So far I can't get any info synced from google - gives me a ""too many values to unpack" - but actually gets some info...

UPDATE: actually it seems to work with primary calendar - but I have most of my info in other calendars I have created. Seems that the sync only takes the default calendar for user.

Last edited by nikolajhendel; 2008-06-24 at 13:24.

yes it only handles the default calendar. Im a heavy calendar user and have LOTS of stuff in my gcal default calendar and it seems to sync it just fine.. though some stuff show up wrong in mcalenar. A bit buggy

I've been usiing this and a couple of other home* applets for a liittlle while and really like it. So farr haven't noticed any problems. Been meaning to post thanks to the developer. Wanted tto beg him//her to add a clock proogram to the home* family of aapplets. I think such a thing would look/work great and allow to free up status baar real estate.

My only mcalendar req. is llittle.... to seperate time & event with (space)-(space)

The applet backgrounds really look great with echo theme. I think Countdown-home applet would also fit well using this background.

Thhanks! <grin>

I love this app!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the GPE calendar.

The home applet for it looks much cleaner. Syncs up fine for me.

How do you get the home applet to appear? It is not listed among the applets in the home menu. (I just flashed to Diablo, but I don't recall seeing them under Chinook either.)

Originally Posted by slip View Post
How do you get the home applet to appear? It is not listed among the applets in the home menu. (I just flashed to Diablo, but I don't recall seeing them under Chinook either.)
Have you downloaded/installed it? It is separate from the Mcalendar download.

Thanks TerryGecko. I thought that perhaps it needed to be downloaded separately, but it wasn't listed on Khertan.net, where I found the one-click install for mCalendar.

I do see the series of home* applets in my application manager now, but when I try to install them, it gives me an error message saying that its is "Unable to install homemcalendar"

UPDATE: Despite the application manager telling me that it is unable to install the home applet, it shows up in my Installed Applications list, and appears on the home/desktop. Looks great! This is definitely an app I'll be keeping an eye on.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
So far this is the Calendar app I tried that offers the best Google Calendar integration.

I had a problem with an event that used the " character. I removed it and synchro worked perfectly. Both ways.

There is another problem with recurring events, being listed first regardless of the day.

It would be nice to have the option to synchronize multiple Google calendars/Google accounts.

Thanks to the author.

Another bug I found is for no-timed-events. They show up for 2 days even though they are just a daily one. Khertan got a bugtracker so report every bug you found and we can hope that he will continue to develop this nice little thing!
http://khertan.net/bugs-tracker/

Tags
calendar, google