Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
I have just received my new N810 and I would like to update the OS to Diablo. Since I have not yet installed any software should I backup something before flashing?

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Since you don't have anything on it, the backup is useless. Just flash it.

Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Brasilia, Brazil
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Actually, if you have a 2Gb or greater flash card I'd suggest you clone it using PB's deb, than if ANYTHING goes wrong you can still run, and you can always clone it again later. Or if you find an app you just have to have, but may not be ported to Diablo, you could still run it.
PLEASE use the Wiki

The Following User Says Thank You to gemniii42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If I had just bought a tablet, I wouldn't want to combine the task of flashing with the task of cloning the system, but I guess it depends on the mindset of the user. I'm positive that many users would find the PB instructions, clear as they are, intimidating for someone who just bought a tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If I had just bought a tablet, I wouldn't want to combine the task of flashing with the task of cloning the system, but I guess it depends on the mindset of the user. I'm positive that many users would find the PB instructions, clear as they are, intimidating for someone who just bought a tablet.
Yes, unfortunately PB's instructions take up a page, but they boil down to:
Go to penguinbait.com

right click on ""INSTALL TOOLS EXTERNAL 810 SLOT""

"save target as" (SAVE FILE ON FLASH NOT ON SD CARD)

Save the file somewhere, open application manager and select "install from file" from the menu. Select the file you just saved.

Once the install completes, reboot for your new bootmenu and select your SD card on boot.
No fancy choices, just quick work.
PLEASE use the Wiki

While penguinbait is awesome, the last time I did anything like this...no screen shots to see, I was not happy with the way it looked...would you give a screen shot of what the opening screen looks like...as penguinbait's page does not...tx's

Originally Posted by here.david View Post
While penguinbait is awesome, the last time I did anything like this...no screen shots to see, I was not happy with the way it looked...would you give a screen shot of what the opening screen looks like...as penguinbait's page does not...tx's
no screen shot, but it just shows about 4 lines of text, with your boot choices and some info, then it goes into whatever your normal boot is after either you select or let it boot by itself.
PLEASE use the Wiki