Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Montreal
Anyone get mclock to install using diablo?

I've added the python runtime packages and still haven't had any luck getting mclock on my n800.

The Application Manager goes through the motions of the install and then chokes with the message 'Unable to install mClock'. Any insight would be appreciated. It worked fine with OS2007.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
I must shamefully admit that I didn't even yet install it again on my Diablo-messed-my-battery-time N810.
I'll try it tonight and report back or release a fix if necessary.

-Tom (mClock author)

I have not used it a lot on diablo but it installed just fine for me and runs without problem.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Albuquerque
I am having same problem as FREYCHEF. I can't get it to install on N800 with Diablo.

Me too. Any update, Tom?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
I've not yet completely understood the new repository situation, especially in relation to PyMaemo (the python environment) and dependencies. Also, I can't get some important stuff up and running right now, so expect some further delays - sorry.
(Being at 120% workload in real life doesn't make it easier :-)

I had this problem also and here's what happened in my case. The python libraries did not seem to install correctly when I upgraded to diablo. The main offender being python2.5-gnome. I think it relates to the fact that the diablo repos were not populated when I first installed diablo so the libs came from the chinook repos instead.

To verify if this is the problem that others are having, run mClock from xterm. Or run python and type 'import gnome.gconf'. When it fails you may see a message like this "No module named gconf".

To fix this, I uninstalled python2.5-gnome which required removing the python2.5-runtime also. Then I installed youamp because it is in the repo and has a dependency on gnome so it will force a proper reinstall of gnome. Then the mClock install should work again.

Last edited by r0sc@r; 2008-07-28 at 04:00.

Any updates? I really miss mclock...

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California
me too. Waiting for solutions to install mclock for diablo?

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
This is a bit of a bump as Mclock was often my bedside companion!
Does mclock run OK on Chinook? I'm considering going back.