Active Topics

I recently bought a 4GB and 8GB Sandisk SDHC microSD card with a mini-SD card adapter. However, when I use them on the N810 with the mini-sd card adapter, they don't show up. I double checked and it inserted with a click into the slot. Both of the 4GB/8GB sandisk SDHC microSD work on my desktop. I then switched the micro-sd card with a 2GB kingston SD card, and it works on my N810. Anybody encountered this problem on their N810? Does the N810 support Sandisk brand SDHC card? Or I should go buy the Kingston brand of 4gb/8gb?

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Austin, TX
Yes, they support SanDisk cards. I'm using an 8GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card with a Patriot micro-mini adapter. I have heard that some adapters occasionally have problems, though, so that could be your problem.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ East Coast, USA
I recently purchased two SanDisk 8GB microSDHC Card - class 4(SDSDQ-8192, Bulk Package), for $39.58 each at Amazon.com. Amazon's supplier for these items is a company called DigitalMediaOutlet.com.

The micros came with a standard size SD adapter so I purchased the mini SanDisk adapters separately from the same supplier. The cards worked with no problems.

At one point during my vacation, my daughter's camera memory was filled and we still had a few hours of touring. I swapped the 8GB card out of my N810, put it in the full-sized adapter and used it in her camera. Later that evening I put the same card back in the N810 with no loss of my original movie data that I had on the card. I was also able to view the photos she had taken earlier that day since her camera had created its own folder on the card! The Sandisk media seems to be pretty tolerant.

I hope this helps.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Winnpeg, MB, CAN
I too am using a 8GB Sandisk Micros SDCH card.

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com

Me too. Maybe it's down to where you've formatted the card. I've never reformatted mine, but it might work if you format it using your tablet instead of your pc.

I recently started to have similar problems, I think the problem is with my mini-to-micro adapter card.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Bangkok, Thailand
Originally Posted by st5150 View Post
I recently started to have similar problems, I think the problem is with my mini-to-micro adapter card.
I had problems with a Sandisk 8gb microSD card purchased from Amazon. I tried two different mini-to-micro adapters without success. A friend suggested I get the three-piece Sandisk set (2-gb microSD card, mini-to-micro adapter and a SD-to-micro adapter available locally). Its mini-to-micro adapter worked.

The attached image shows the set with the mini-to-micro adapter in the middle. Note, two of the runs on the connector are longer than the rest. My Patriot 8-gb miniSD card's connector is made in the same way. I don't know if this is proof why many adapters don't work.

BTW, I formatted and loaded files on the Sandisk card using a card reader. I have not noted any problems with it.

thaibill
Attached Images

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Winnpeg, MB, CAN
I did the exact same thing as thaibill and bought the 2Gb 3 piece pack as well.

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com

These is/was a problem with Sandisk Micro-to-mini adaptors, this was mentioned in the bugtracker, anyone have the bug # handy?

I use a Sandisk 4GB card with a Kingston adaptor; the supplied Sandisk adaptor wouldn't work, nor would the no-name one I bought (though some people have working no-name ones).

No problems so far with the Patriot PSF8GMSDHC6 8GB Class 6 mini-SDHC from Newegg (today $30.99 + Tax and Shipping) in my N810

- Ab