Active Topics

Closed Thread
I can't tell you how excited I am with the e-mail on Diablo. I'll bet entire minutes were spent developing this useless piece of garbage. It has given me new respect for software developers. I absolutely love their insistence on breaking what works with their "improvements" I know, I know, TESTING takes time AND brains, and we simply can't have that now, can we??? and we CERTAINLY can't ask our user what THEY want. I mean, Microcrap doesn't, why be trendsetters?

Let's see, let's list all the problems with this new e-mail piece of crap:

1. it crashes regularly
2. it randomly delete emails
3. it now shows some emails as "expunged" in the notification previews
4. I can no longer see both account inboxes at the same time
5. Randomly, after new email notification, When I go to open the email app. it says "loading" and doesn't. I have to waste time and battery rebooting to get it to open
6. when I wish to delete the top e-mail, I must first either open it or click another one
7. It no longer syncs with the server.

What a marvel of incompetence!!!!!

and yes, this is WITH the latest update that was supposed to "improve" it

Nice to see s/w developers here are no different than Windows, despite the hype.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also LOVE it when they act like they had no idea of these problems, and you're the only one who has experienced them, and you get to be their crash test dummy. oh to be young and stupid -- and lazy

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, would number 2 be this:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3609

as in, you dont see any deletion message, the mail just disappears from the inbox?

if so, do you use a pop account set to download only the mail headers?

on a N800 you can use dpad-right to highlight the first mail. but i agree with 6, that no mail should be "partially" lighted by default. hell, that ui "feature" keeps giving me a bit of headache when using my N800.

nope, message and attachments. again, of course, the developers play dumb

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
How dare they publish a piece of software that's not perfect?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
who knows. even apple seems to have problems with that these days

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by davidsco27 View Post
nope, message and attachments. again, of course, the developers play dumb
play dumb? now where did you get that idea?

anyways, rather then complaining here, try and describe your account setup on the bug report i linked to. it may actually help them track down and fix the bug.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Mexico
I'm not a developer, and I think of myself more as an end--user...

And my Modest works just fine...

would't go so far to say they did it on purpose or programmers developing this piece of software are dumb and stupid only thing bothers me is the timespan they need to act on a problem.

See the "Internal error -Email closed" problem. It was around several months. It happend on chinook, on the unofficial beta of diablo and was still "available" on the offical diablo release.
The bug was filed in bugzilla, it was reproducable and still it was marked as "minor error" over seveal months.

I dumped modest several time ago and used claws instead. Only after the latest ssu update of diable modest become usable for me.
But still I think this whole situation could have been avoided in the first place.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Would be kinda nice if they published one that WORKS

Especially, one that is the core of the system. And again, genius, they always could've left what DID work alone

and, it's bug (s) plural

and no, I won't waste any more of MY time telling them the obvious or doing THEIR job. I DO mine, and I do it well.

and I find it Very hard to believe that "mine works" isn't experiencing the same thing, only is too stupid to realize it

Originally Posted by solico View Post
would't go so far to say they did it on purpose or programmers developing this piece of software are dumb and stupid only thing bothers me is the timespan they need to act on a problem.

See the "Internal error -Email closed" problem. It was around several months. It happend on chinook, on the unofficial beta of diablo and was still "available" on the offical diablo release.
The bug was filed in bugzilla, it was reproducable and still it was marked as "minor error" over seveal months.

I dumped modest several time ago and used claws instead. Only after the latest ssu update of diable modest become usable for me.
But still I think this whole situation could have been avoided in the first place.
didn't say they did it on purpose, just carelessly and incompetently. That is the developer way.

And I agree with you on the time and classification of problems, but that is an ego thing. comes with the territory. Developers are typically young egotistical knowitalls who know nothing, with no practical or business sense of how their work is used in the real world. it comes from never experiencing it, just reading about it

Closed Thread