Active Topics

Hi all,

I've searched and searched for a solution. If I've missed it, please forgive me.

I really miss the ability to do page up and page down in MicroB using the D-pad. Since the installation of Diablo, the microb-pageupdown-0.1.deb no longer works. It installs, but it doesn't work.

I did see over at http://timeless.justdave.net/maemo/ there is a microb-pageupdown-0.2 directory structure with a last modified date of August 2008. Sadly, I cannot find a .deb file to install and test. I tried fudging some information into the Application Catalog to no avail (perhaps there is a way to do it?).

I know the revamped scrolling in Diablo isn't so bad, but on web pages that get rather resource intensive, I've found that page down just seems to work better (IMHO). You don't overshoot your mark because your holding the d-pad down trying to scroll past a busy part of the page (slowly), then it starts flying when you get past that busy part, only to find that you have to scroll back up to get where you wanted to land originally (when it stops scrolling downwards - and no, I'm not referring to the bug where the d-pad seems to get stuck scrolling down to the bottom of the page)... I'm sure you've all seen it As a side benefit, using page down instead of scrolling seems to tax the CPU less, leading to a faster browsing experience (again, IMHO).

As always, thanks for the help and suggestions!

Frank

I don't know about the deb, I always do it manually as described in the wiki.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamthewalrus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
cant comment on the 0.2, but i recall using the 0.1 with success on diablo...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Originally Posted by tso View Post
cant comment on the 0.2, but i recall using the 0.1 with success on diablo...
pageupdown hasn't worked since first ssu update. I'm glad to learn of the wiki method. Thanks for linking to it.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
heh, could be that my memory is failing as i cant say i have bothered using the pageupdown much after the dpad pr default just scrolls.