Hi,
As part of interaction design project at University of Michigan, we (a group of 5 students) are designing Organizer for Maemo platform on Nokia Internet Tablet. The efforts are in collaboration with Season of Usabilty.

As part of the project, we are collecting data on usage of Nokia Internet Tablet and Maemo platform. We are conducting a small survey on usage pattern of organizers on Internet. We need to collect data soon so that we can start ideating.

We will be really greatful, if you can spend few minutes to fill out an online survey. The survey will not take more than 5 minutes.

Please follow the links for the online survey->
1. If you have used Nokia Internet Table and Maemo:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...igSXbXYQ_3d_3d

2. If you have used any Organizer on Internet:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...mjv5A8GA_3d_3d

3. If you have used organizers on mobile:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...6lmEvhjw_3d_3d

Hope you will be able to help us in our efforts. Please note that the information will be confidential and private and will not be shared with anybody.

Thanks and Regards,
Manaswi Shukla
MSI, School of Information,
University of Michigan

The Following User Says Thank You to manaswi For This Useful Post:
You're probably unaware of this, but it's considered poor netiquette to dump the same post in a bunch of threads, even if it were on-topic. What you did here (posting a new thread to start a new topic) is the best thing, but the other posts are unnecessary, and in fact quite annoying.

It does make me wonder why you're collecting the personal data on the first page of the survey, but I went through the rest of it, which was more reasonable.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Thanks Benson!
I was trying to reach people who already use Maemo and Internet Tablet. So thought they will be easy to find an existing thread.

What you say makes sense too. I will remove the posts from other forum. Thanks for suggestion.

-MS

Also, after a little look around your site, it seems you might not be in compliance with the Maemo trademark policy.

Wondered if you'd be releasing the project source at the end of the project? It looks like it might help a lot of people -- PIM is one of the big places the tablets lag, for those who use PIM.

And another 3 postings over on TabletScene as well.. hmf.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
And another 3 postings over on TabletScene as well.. hmf.
and several postings to the mailing lists.

Quite a bit of spam (which, just fyi, has driven me away from actually responding to the survey).

Appologies for the spam. I didnt mean to spam your mail boxes but was not sure if you get updates for all the new discussions.

We needed your help regarding feedback and were wondering if some of you in Ann Arbor area and are willing to spend some time for a one to one interview.

Thanks,
Manaswi

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I thought that it was interesting that the survey insisted that you find some things problematic. This is like "which of the candidates is the most idiotic?" and following with a list.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
So poorly worded survey as well, possibly push polling?

Speaking of which why do I need to disclose my google account in order to see your team page?

Last edited by brontide; 2008-09-23 at 00:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
You would think with Google's backing they could afford some copy-editor to check the grammar or a proper stats person so that single choice question have radio buttons rather than check boxes.

The Internet organizers questionnaire is bizarre. "Losing weight" "evite.com"?

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:

Tags
internet tablet, maemo, nokia, online survey, organizer, push poll, spam