Notices

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Victoria, BC, Canada
i finally got around to making a build of quiver for diablo. here are some of the new features and fixes:

new features
* new view option (auto)rotates images to maximize display area
* random sorting, natural sorting
* context menus
* external tools: run a command on the selected image(s)
* kinetic scrolling in zoomed images
* added organize and modify exif date tools

bug fixes
* slow to switch from large image list to no list
* when switching to image viewer for the first time, image was loaded at full size
* thumbnails not always being cached properly in thumbnail view
* remember sort by and sort order
* save gui state settings for normal/fullscreen
* remember zoom mode, rotate for best fit, etc
* fixed deadlock issue (when shutting down)

cheers,

mike

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to mikemorrison For This Useful Post:
I was so glad when i saw it in the diablo extras . It was on the top of my personal "missing" list for diablo. Now all that is left is an icq-chatter like pidgin...

Thank's for this wonderful port

MiBi

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I have pidgin working in diablo.....using the chinook repo. Didn't have a single problem installing.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
also, one have icq support in the internal im/chat system these days.

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Thanks, been waiting for quiver.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
Very nice.
Auto-rotate is cool, but I think it would work better if it was applied when you are manually cycling through the images. When manually flipping through the pictures I have the device in my hand. When I use slideshow it is sitting on my desk.

Originally Posted by eliagp View Post
I have pidgin working in diablo.....using the chinook repo. Didn't have a single problem installing.
Yes it's there and i know i could use the chinook repos. But after going through a new installation with diablo, I try not to mix up repos to avoid eventual problems further down the road and keep the system as clean as possible. So i stay with my diablo repos and have to wait for the soft to popup there

Back to topic. Is there a way to redirect the cached thumbs from the internal 256 MB memory to a sd-card / internal sd flash of N810 ? I have the impression that thumbs are saved in /home/user/.thumbnail/normal and ./large, eventual ./osso and with more than 1000 pictures on the device, memory is really going down...

I am still searching where quiver is installed and if a config file is somewhere...Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks MiBi

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Cool, this version can open my collection of photos, while the previous one couldn't (for some reason it didn't show folders with a number as the first letter).
I guess I now have an excuse to justify replacing the broken lcd on my n800

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Thanks Mike, that is great work.

Quiver is one of my favourite uses for the N800. I have just tried it out and the overall speed performance seems even better than ever.

I would have been very happy just to have this Diablo compatibility so thanks, too, for the new features.

Hi again,
i have found the config file but there is no entry for the thumb-cache-directory so i am stuck with the internal 256 MB flash where all application etc. lies and only few MB remains... I even did not view all my photos in quiver yet and will have to wait for a solution, because some MB have to be left for additional software.

Mike, is there a possibility to add an entry in the INI-file and - what would be best - make it configurabely via quiver

Thank's MiBi

Tags
image viewer, quiver