Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Well, it's done; I've just preordered my very own Pandora. End november I'll let y'all know if it boots.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
I'm in too. This is the first time I've preordered something and gotten myself excited enough to be a real "early adopter." Let's see how life is on the bleeding edge.

-John

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
I'm in too. This is the first time I've preordered something and gotten myself excited enough to be a real "early adopter." Let's see how life is on the bleeding edge.

-John
Most likely: Exsanguinating profusely.

But do we care? Heck, no! Blood is for pussies!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, i could have sworn i was signed up for the newsletter, but i have not seen any email about preordering starting up.

not that i mind, as im not sure i can afford one right now anyways...

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Karel, would you mind giving the url for preordering? I have been waiting that email all day long but it's still missing.

EDIT: don't mind, I did it. Can be preordered directly from www.openpandora.org. No need waiting for the email.

Last edited by debernardis; 2008-09-30 at 17:26.

Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Karel, would you mind giving the url for preordering? I have been waiting that email all day long but it's still missing.

EDIT: don't mind, I did it. Can be preordered directly from www.openpandora.org. No need waiting for the email.
Okay. I didn't get the mail either, but Craig posted a newsletter post on the forum with all the URLs. However, the forum appears to have grinded down to a snail's pace ATM.

They seem to go remarkably fast, apparently. If this rate keeps up, all 3,000 might well be gone by tomorrow (Europe time).

Another of the 3,000 is gone. Couldn't resist!

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Okay. I didn't get the mail either, but Craig posted a newsletter post on the forum with all the URLs. However, the forum appears to have grinded down to a snail's pace ATM.

They seem to go remarkably fast, apparently. If this rate keeps up, all 3,000 might well be gone by tomorrow (Europe time).
Probably blame that on engadget....

Their peripheral prices (at least for SDs) are a rip-off, though. They seem to be selling Class 2 cards for Class 4 (or, with waiting and watching, Class 6) prices.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I can't afford it right this day and I only get paid on Friday. Do they charge your credit card immediately or are they planning to only charge when they finally ship?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
I can't afford it right this day and I only get paid on Friday. Do they charge your credit card immediately or are they planning to only charge when they finally ship?
Charge now, ship end november. That's the deal, I'm afraid. Next batch is next year...