Active Topics

hello ladies and gentlemen,
I'm new here, considering the archos 5, nokia n810, or sprint htc touch pro. i like the removable media on the n810 and htc, then again i love the huge storage capacity of a 120 gig archos 5. basically im curious as to which of these have the best wifi browsing experience- i supposed media storage is second to this for me. Any thoughts on these 3? thanks in advance

Well, I've got an Axim x51v, and I can report that pocket IE (or whatever it's called) at 640x480 is much worse than microb at 800x480; I know there are other options, but haven't tried any of them.

All depends what you want. One is a portable media player, one is an internet tablet, and one is a phone. The NIT has some overlap with the other two categories, might be comparable or better than the Archos for some media playback and surfing. Then again, if the video out is important for you to play movies on any TV, then the Archos is probably a better solution. The HTC is a phone... the other two are not.

As for browsing, I would think to go for the device with the biggest resolution and biggest screen size. I like the 640x480 on the NIT. Don't think I could live with anything smaller.

Well, the NIT is 800x480, same as the Archos; I think the Touch Pro is 640x480, but not sure...

what is this NIT you speak of?

ohh, the nokia, nevermind... thanks so much for the replies

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Well, the NIT is 800x480, same as the Archos; I think the Touch Pro is 640x480, but not sure...
Thanks for correcting me on that. Isn't it amazing that the NIT has the same resolution as the Eee?

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by cheahk View Post
Thanks for correcting me on that. Isn't it amazing that the NIT has the same resolution as the Eee?
If I was new to NIT's I'd agree, but I've been using them since the 770 days, and my reaction is now the opposite: Isn't it amazing the the Eee's resolution is so terrible compared to the size of the thing? I mean, if you can do 800x480 on a tablet, surely something as big as an Eee should at least do 1280x1024 ish! (or whatever the widescreen version of that res is).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jolouis For This Useful Post: