Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
I just installed the latest version of Maemo-mapper on my 770 (2006 OS), and all I see is black screen after the "download" dialogue box finishes. These 2 URIs don't seem to be working:

http://mt.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.11&x=%d&y=%d&zoom=%d
http://mt.google.com/mt?n=404&v=ap.6&x=%d&y=%d&zoom=%d

When you enter them into a browser, I get a "Not Found" error.

What am I doing wrong? TIA.

Those URL don't work in a browser because the "%d" strings are not valid x, y, or zoom values. These values are replaced by Maemo Mapper with the real x, y, and z. If you use, e.g., x=0, y=0, and zoom=16, you get a map of North America.

Did you enable "Auto-Download" (in the Maps menu), or did you use "Download by Area" or "Download along Route" to download some maps? Also, you must be connected to the internet, and your Map Cache must be set to a writeable directory (if you didn't change the Map Cache setting, you should be fine).

I am having the same problem as the first poster. I followed the instructions in gnuite's second post and i got a "Not Found" error from google ...

Okay, that makes sense, but it still doesn't work for me. I didn't have auto-download enabled, so I checked that box, and then typed in my city in the "Route-->Download..." box. The "download" dialogue box comes up and it looks like it works, but the screen is still black. Also, my cache is on the MMC card, and I see files there. Any other suggestions? TIA

Ignore my last post - I was using z= instead of zoom=

BTW, I don't have a GPS unit, and entered 00:00:00:00:00:00 for my MAC address.

Originally Posted by tabletfan
Okay, that makes sense, but it still doesn't work for me. I didn't have auto-download enabled, so I checked that box, and then typed in my city in the "Route-->Download..." box. The "download" dialogue box comes up and it looks like it works, but the screen is still black. Also, my cache is on the MMC card, and I see files there. Any other suggestions? TIA
Okay, download a route (as you've done before), then zoom all of the way out. If the screen is still black, you will at least still be able to see the route itself (in green). Zoom into that green set of lines and dots until it fills the screen. Now, use the "Download Along Route" feature and see if maps start appearing.

If you don't see maps appearing, is your MMC full? Is your connection to the internet active (try playing internet radio while you download the maps to make sure that your internet is working)?

The Following User Says Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post:
I tried what you said to do, but the screen is still black. I have a browser window open, so I know my network connection is working. The mameo-mapper cache directory has a lot of directories that don't have anything in them. Is that correct? The MMC card has 270MB of free space.

Originally Posted by tabletfan
I tried what you said to do, but the screen is still black. I have a browser window open, so I know my network connection is working. The mameo-mapper cache directory has a lot of directories that don't have anything in them. Is that correct? The MMC card has 270MB of free space.
Are you sure you copied the URL exactly? Did you use copy/paste or did you manually enter it in? If it's creating the directories and not any files, that means that the download itself is failing, which means that either the URL is invalid or there is no space left in the Map Cache. Since the latter is not the case, the URL must be invalid. If it isn't, then I am at a loss as to what the source of the problem is.

hmm...I copied the url again, and it still doesn't work. I noticed that there are .jpg files in the maemo-mapper directories. What are these files for?