Active Topics

Notices

I had Scopa installed and played it quite a bit. Then one day a update showed in Application Manager for extra cards. After downloading the update for extra cards, the only cards I could see were cards I am not familiar with. The original cards were gone. Or at least I can not find them. I un-installed the game and tried reinstalling it with out the card update. To no avail. Still only showed the new cards even though I did not install the extra cards this time. So I un-installed it again.
I would like to find the version I use to have. Anyone have a clue where to find it without the new cards?
Thanks!

Last edited by katkat; 2008-10-21 at 18:36.

Am I the only one who updated this game and lost the originaal cards?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Germany
If this problem persists in the current version, please contact me. I would like you to execute some command line commands to check what is happening.

Thanks...
Tim

i installed the game again and the cards are the new ones that i am not use to. i want the cards used in regular games. thanks for any help.

The Following User Says Thank You to katkat For This Useful Post:
OK. First some questions to verify the problem. Scopa supplies two card sets. The first one that is part of the scopa package itself is a set of cards based on old italian cards. See http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ca...ne_bastoni.jpg for one color of the set. These were not the cards that were originally part of the first version but these are the cards that clasically belong to the game.

The scopa-cards-extra package contains german cards, which I first release with scopa because they were the only free card images of quality I could find. They do not match to the game but may be more convinience for non-italian players.

So which of them do you have and which of the do you want. Does this already answer your question and solve your problem.

If not, please answer:
What do you expect? Which scopa packages do you have installed? Please send me a "ls -lR /usr/share/scopa/cards".

Gruß...Tim

when i first installed the game it had regular cars with aces, clubs, diamonds, hearts. cards i am use to playing with. then there was a update. after that update the cards changed.to the ones you speak of. what i want is the aces etc. back.. if that is not possible i need to just uninstall the game

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Scopa is meant to be payed with italian cards, definately.
I remember playing that a lot with my grandma, though I believe I learned a slightly odd way to count points. ahhh fun afternoons.
I think italian cards should be the standard, and clubs, diamonds, hearts, and spades as an optional.

At the time I found original italian cards for the this italian card game I changed the application to use the italian cards by default. Because of use feedback I also added the scopa-cards-extra package which contains the initially used german cards. So lease just install scopa-cards-extra, too, to get the old, german card images back. If this does not work for you, please fill a bug at https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?gr...47&atid=663665 adding an answer to above questions. I will then analyse the problem and will provide a fix (shouldn't take that long).

Sorry but I don't know what it was you want me to send when you wrote this.
If not, please answer:
What do you expect? Which scopa packages do you have installed? Please send me a "ls -lR /usr/share/scopa/cards".

Last edited by katkat; 2009-02-28 at 02:38.

Guess I have not made myself clear. I have installed the extra cards and the aces, hearts, etc. were not there. I had done that before I ever ask for help here. Then just last night I tried to install both the game and the extra cards again with the same results. The only cards I get are the Italian ones that I don't like. This is just my personal preference.
I will try to send a bug report as you ask. I appreciate your trying to help.

Last edited by katkat; 2009-02-28 at 02:50.