Active Topics

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
I am having trouble connecting to the wireless router at my office. The wireless router is a Cisco running 11g with WPA. All I get is "network connection failed. Retry...". My Dell notebook works, and all my co-workers don't have problems connecting with their PDAs. I tried showing my co-workers the 770, but I was disappointed that it could not connect.

I know my 770 works with WPA, because I can connect at home to my D-Link router running 11g with WPA. I would like to know if there are logs on the 770 that will help in troubleshooting this problem. TIA.

I have the same problem, it tests out fine on my Netgear router.
@ work tries for a bit, then gives me the same
"network connection failed. Retry..."

OS2006

Yesterday I had the same experience at friend's home with his connection. He tuned the authorization with WPA but I can't go in.

The solution was very simple: the equipment filters the incoming requests by MAC-address. He wrote down my MAC-address in the authorized list and then I got connected without problems.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ California
We don't have MAC address filtering turned on at work, because we let visiting clients use the network.

For what it's worth, I can confirm that my 770 was successfully able to connect to my home router using either WPA or WPA2, with either regular PSK or AES compression. No hiccups whatever the configuration.

most work place APs will be using dot1x authentication rather than a PSK like a home WLAN
Do you know if your work place is using do1x or PSK
If it is using dot1x you need to find out which EAP type to use
I have tested the 770 using Cisco APs, and using PEAP MS-CHAP had it working. Sadly my workplace uses EAP-Fast and I can't use my 770 on the work WLAN

Last edited by brianfcox; 2006-07-14 at 04:43. Reason: adding some more info