Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
I'll back up gunite from personal experience in that it'll say that the whole update failed, while it was only the update of one repository that actually failed.

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
... Luckily there's the logs you can check to find out which the offending one is.
I'll be gratefull, if you can point out, where those logs are.
Thank you in advance!

Milen

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gnuite
Samba would be more important to the Nokia 770 as a means to mount remote Windows shares. Tools already exist for mounting NFS shares.
There is actually no need for samba for this. You only need cifs.ko kernel module to mount SMB/CIFS filesystem on N770. Then you can insmod it and write soemething like
mount -t cifs //x.x.x.x/share /localdir -o domain=x,user=x,password=x
in osso-xterm (as root). Works for me. Cifs module for IT2006 is here (copy and paste to URL bar, direct link would cause permission denied) http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/cifs.tgz

Last edited by fanoush; 2006-07-17 at 09:10.

fanoush,
1. I got cifs.tgz, unpacked it (cifs.ko) and put to /lib/modules/ folder on Nokia. (modules folder created by me)
2. modprobe cifs.ko (modprobe: could not parse modules.dep)
3. depmode (depmod: Couldn't open directory /lib/modules//2.6.16-omap1/: No such file or directory)
4. mkdir 2.6.16-omap1
5. depmod (Nokia770-26:/lib/modules/2.6.16-omap1# ls
modules.dep) - 0 bite size
6. mount -t cifs //172.20.3.79/D$ /media/mmc1/Lan-Folder// -o codepage=cp1251,iocharset=utf8,username=administra tor,password=(***)
--- mount: Mounting //172.20.3.79/D$ on /media/mmc1/Lan-Folder failed: No such device

what wrong?
Thank You.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Use insmod with full module path, not modprobe.

Thanks, working great!

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Milen: Sure, open the application manager, click on the Application manager title bar, Tool, Log...

Also, I can't grab cfis.tgz...

* Correction: I can't grab cfis.tgz from the 770. Weird.

Sorry to be ignorant but how do you use samba once its installed. i have samba and samba client installed. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- - they're installed on your 770? (Are the dependencies fixed?)

To use Samba, you'd mount the share just like you'd mount anything else. Stay tuned for the experts to correct me but it'd be something like this:

mount -t smb //computername/sharename /mnt/mountpoint -o username=yourusername,password=yourpassword

/mnt/mountpoint is the directory you've created on your 770 where you'd like the network share to appear.

*** Also: I got the cifs module installed, however whenever I get an error telling me my mountpoint isn't in fstab... now I can add it, but I didn't think I'd need to. What gives?

Hedgecore
*** Also: I got the cifs module installed, however whenever I get an error telling me my mountpoint isn't in fstab... now I can add it, but I didn't think I'd need to. What gives?
You should be a root to make mount without fstab changing. fstab contain rules for mounting File Systems.
Look at my post before, it working. insmod /yourpath/cifs.ko But change your locale and iocharset if it necessary (i use cyrillic codepage)