Active Topics

I just got my N810 and if I knew I was going to have to pay for WayFinder software to use the GPS I don't know if I would have purchased it probably not. Does anyone know of some other software to use.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Iceman1962 View Post
Does anyone know of some other software to use.
Maemo Mapper

Posts: 542 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ 52 N, 6 E
Maemo Mapper is great but does not offer voice guided navigation.

But you can get Access Garnet Palm emulator for free and then get Google Maps for Palm but this requires an internet connection.

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
I mailed TomTom some time ago and they thanked me for the suggestion. Since their own gps devices run linux, I don't see why it would be hard for them to create a version for n8x0. It would certainly blow that wayfinder crap out of the market.
I just think the n8x0 is way too small as target market, so they'll never do it

I gave up on the n810 gps software and bought a tomtom

Maemo Mapper is great but does not offer voice guided navigation.
It does, but you have to be online to download the route (you can then go offline and be guided as long as you stay on the track)

But you can get Access Garnet Palm emulator for free and then get Google Maps for Palm but this requires an internet connection.
Does this work? I.e. have access to the GPS?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Somewhere, most of the time.
Originally Posted by Iceman1962 View Post
I just got my N810 and if I knew I was going to have to pay for WayFinder software to use the GPS I don't know if I would have purchased it probably not. Does anyone know of some other software to use.
Hey Dejavu, since you ask the same question in 2 different areas I guess that means I can give the same answer in 2 different areas. OK I'll just link to the other post I made.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1&postcount=12