Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
After offering Maemobox server for a long time now I'm going to have to cancel it. Its starting to cause a burden on my server and on me. I have asked for volunteers to help maintain accounts and have asked for donations for server costs since I have goten no responce on either I will be having to shut down Maemobox Free Web Service. All accounts have until the end of month until they will be shut down. Qole and Qwerty12 I'll contact you about your accounts.

Once again sorry but I have had some outages on my Paid Clients sites so I have no choice.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Last edited by andrewfblack; 2008-12-17 at 17:29.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Athens, Greece
I may be able to provide a vhost for you if you are interested.

Last edited by gpant; 2008-12-20 at 02:04.

I honestly have no idea what Maemobox is, and never heard about it until today. Of course, given the troubles I've had with getting people to volunteer lately on my site, I can understand why you're having issues getting anyone to help you either. It seems like with the economic downturn people are far less willing to do anything except the bare minimum.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
I honestly have no idea what Maemobox is, and never heard about it until today. Of course, given the troubles I've had with getting people to volunteer lately on my site, I can understand why you're having issues getting anyone to help you either. It seems like with the economic downturn people are far less willing to do anything except the bare minimum.
Whats your site? Btw if you have every installed Easy Debian you have used Maemobox since I host the files for Qole and several things for Qwerty12

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Raiden's Realm

I'm the owner and it's chief editor.

And also, I haven't heard of Easy Debian either. Not sure why, as it sounds like something that might be up my alley, given what my site focus is (helping new users switch to Linux and FOSS), but I haven't. hehe.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
...I haven't heard of Easy Debian either....
Its pretty common topic on Internet Tablet Talk, because its an awesome way to run Debian apps on the NIT.

Sad that the free hosting is going down, I guess people downloading those huge files finally brought the system down...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Ah, ok. That explains why I haven't heard of that either. I tend to run a pretty limited number of apps on the tablet, as I have a select number of uses for it (more pda like uses than portable pc), unlike others here who tend to use it more like a pocket pc. There's nothing wrong with that if that's what works best for you, but it's just not what I do with it. At least not yet.

Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Andrew, how much in donation $ were you looking at getting? I'm willing to help out in that respect if it means qole and qwerty12 can keep their subdomains running for their awesome apps. PM me please.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Maybe it's time to consolidate all of this? Is that an option?

Andrew, you had offered to host jablet.net, but at the time I had no need. Now I do. So... can all the independent hosters pool their resources? I would be more than willing to donate under such circumstances.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
We can use BitTorrent to distribute (large) files. If they're open source, one can use e.g. Sourceforge.net. The only thing to be hosted then would be the code of the website. This can be pretty small. Alternatively, simply use Maemo Garage.

I can provide some hosting btw...