Hi everybody, I have played quite some time with Nokia internet tablets, but just recently I started to use my N810 in car.
I have connected N810 to my headunit's aux-in to listen mp3's from car speakers. Almost everything works fine. I'm using Canola2 to play audio, and tablet is connected cigarette lighter socket to charge when engine is on.

Only "problem" is that when I turn engine off, N810 continues playing music. Few times I forgot to pause Canola2 and after few hours of playing music N810 battery was empty.

Is there a way to pause Canola2 audioplay automatically when tablet is not charging? I'm not sure if this is the way to fix my problem, because if battery is full and in use it might think that audioplay should be paused.

Is there some other way to tell tablet or Canola2, that now you should stop playing music? It would be great if there would be possibility to tell when to resume audioplay too...

or...am I hoping too much..

The Following User Says Thank You to Sqump For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sqump View Post
Is there some other way to tell tablet or Canola2, that now you should stop playing music? It would be great if there would be possibility to tell when to resume audioplay too...
There is quite a nice play/pause button on screen that I have been using with great effect for quite a while...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rassilon7 For This Useful Post:
Oh nice! Thank's for telling me that! hehee!!!

Well is there some sort of device which would automatically lift my hand and finger to right position and push resume/pause-button?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
I get the impression that you are leaving the N810 in the car.

If this is the case then you are using the wrong device - buy a Car Stereo with a USB or SD slot, or one which will play MP3s burnt onto CD - lots of them about and dirt cheap.

I take my tablet with me and plug earphones in to continue listening to music.

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
I get the impression that you are leaving the N810 in the car.

If this is the case then you are using the wrong device - buy a Car Stereo with a USB or SD slot, or one which will play MP3s burnt onto CD - lots of them about and dirt cheap.

I take my tablet with me and plug earphones in to continue listening to music.
Right impression but I quess we all have our own needs and mine is to use N810 in car..and leave it there. And yeah, I got hu with aux-in and mp3-files readable cd-player.
My question is still..

Is there possibility to auto pause/resume..?

Methinks someone may soon have a broken window and stolen 810 in their future.

The Following User Says Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
To answer the original question:
Applications can detect via D-Bus when they stop charging. Canola would have to implement this special behavior however. Alternatively it should be possible with the package dbus-scripts (IIRC) to kill (or put to sleep) canola when charging stops and start (or resume) canola again when charging starts.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Methinks someone may soon have a broken window and stolen 810 in their future.
Yeah, and I'm so horny...
not that it got nothing to do with my original question..

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
To answer the original question:
Applications can detect via D-Bus when they stop charging. Canola would have to implement this special behavior however. Alternatively it should be possible with the package dbus-scripts (IIRC) to kill (or put to sleep) canola when charging stops and start (or resume) canola again when charging starts.
Hmm, interesting..
So it's not that easy to accomplish if I understand right. Well, got to learn to use my finger to pause and resume. Maybe it's easiest way after all.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sqump For This Useful Post:
Posts: 113 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Darmstadt, Germany
I think it's not that hard to kill canola when the nit gets unplugged. the tricky thing is loading canola again when it gets plugged in. if canola doen't expose either a dbus interface or some commandline options to resume at the last position of your playlist it probably cant be done.
in any case you could always ask the developers of canola to add those features to their next release