Active Topics

I was just surfing the internet on my N810, and I clicked on an attachment (.WMV) and up popped media player which told me that it couldn't play wmv files because of a codec or something. Is there a fix for this?
Thanks

Last edited by Katuzo; 2009-02-05 at 23:36.

You can try Mplayer, I don't know if it will work...

While I do have MPlayer on my NIT, the email program (Modest) opened up media player. Can I change the file association (MIME?) to Mplayer when it sees a .WMV file, and if so, then how?

Another thought would be to use a different email program that can handle .WMV files and such. Any recommendations?

Last edited by Katuzo; 2009-02-06 at 15:56.

I finally figured it out. You save the wmv file as an attachment. Then you open up mplayer and watch it.

Originally Posted by Katuzo View Post
I finally figured it out. You save the wmv file as an attachment. Then you open up mplayer and watch it.
I think you could have started mplayer with the -playlist option too. Alternatively use a mplayer front end like kmplayer.

what does "front end" mean i have mplayer and kmplayer

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by shootermcgaven2 View Post
what does "front end" mean i have mplayer and kmplayer
MPlayer is a command line program. An MPlayer "front end" would be program that presents the user with a different--probably graphical, clicky-button--interface, while calling upon MPlayer behind the scenes to do all the real work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: