Active Topics

Notices

(Updated Windows Build to version 1.1 to fix glitchyness with WebBrowser control and embed icon into executable)

I wrote a .NET windows app which reads the maemopad+ sqlite database.

With it you can copy your maemopad database to your windows desktop (with .net framework 2.0 installed) and read the contents of all your notes.

(Windows Users v1.1) Just download and extract the two files in this 450k zip file :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...emopad.NET.zip

(Linux/OSX users) To try a mono version/build i made you can try using this instead :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...mopad.Mono.zip
This build was only tested on the mono/suse linux VM i built it on, and you'd need mono runtime/libs installed including mono.data.sqlite lib and winforms support.

To run just extract and double click the exe.

The nodes are hierarchical and notes are in HTML format where you can copy and paste to other apps from there.

Source Code for Windows build available here :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...NET.Source.zip
Attached Images

Last edited by pipeline; 2009-02-12 at 00:35.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
Fabulous! I can report, though, that it crashes before starting up on Darwine (Winehelper 1.0b) and Mono 2.2 on an Intel Mac with OS X 10.5, anyhow. I'm certain it'll work on the VirtualBox XP box I've got on this machine, though -- should be very handy!

Do you plan (sometime, in the future) to show checkboxes and PNG's?

-Jon

Ok, yes i think the web/html viewer control probably uses InternetExplorer engine so this build might be Windows specific.

I can make a build which converts to simple text for linux/mac users who just want to view text.

I will look into adding the checkbox, and image support... you say that it uses png format?

Also your virtualbox xp will need the .net framework 2.0 installed. I tested on netbook with winxp and framework 2.0 and it ran fine.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
I'll try the VirtualBox later; .NET is installed, so we should be cool there. BTW, I think this is an excellent idea for an app, and am so glad you've made it!

On images, I _believe_ it stores PNG's. At least, that's what it exports.

-Jon

Thanks, i updated the download in first post to a new version which supports images and checklists (screenshots added to first post).

For windows users its pretty much done now.

I'm having difficulty building a version which runs under linux but I'll try a bit more. That might help running on osx as well. Even better would be if someone could compile official maemopad for linux and osx so you can edit notes as well.

Last edited by pipeline; 2009-02-11 at 17:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post:
I had limited success building a linux/mono compatible version by using the official Mono Sqlite libs instead of the phxsoftware library.

I built it on mono vm with mono 2.2 runtime and mono libs (including mono.data.sqlite) and it works... well plaintext notes but it has checklists and images. I was unable to get it working on my maemo virtual machines but that might be due to xephyr confusing the winforms.

If you are not on windows, then try it and let me know if it works on your linux/osx os with mono runtime/libs installed :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...mopad.Mono.zip

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Thanks for writing this app. I am using Maemopad+ and I was worried that I might be 'locking' my data in that format and not be able to get to it later, so this helps. Can I check, your app is for Maemopad+ right, not Maemopad, which is a different program?

I tried your Linux version but it would only show be one node in the nodelist rather than the several dozen I have in the file.

It is for maemopad+ i didnt realize there was older version.

When i run the linux version it shows entire hierarchy. Can you try to uncheck the 'preserve node hierarchy' before loading the file?

Wow! I'm astonished at your quick work on this. The Mono build, at least on my WINE installation, gives the following error:

"wine: Call from 0x7b830de0 to unimplemented function gdiplus.dll.GdipCreateFontFamilyFromName, aborting
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c00000fd flags 0 addr 0x60327b77"

Cheers,
Jon

Image and checklist support? Spectacular!