Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
IMO, super sexy....

http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/12/n...new-nokia-set/

What do you make of this?

YARR!
}:^)~

Capt'n

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
The one on the left is the wrong aspect ratio for sure. The one on the right, maybe... I'm certainly liking the color scheme, but not sure that means anything for production, even if that is it.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
OMG! AAAAArgh.. makes me want to talk like a pirat (if that is it)... sweet! Totally speculation, but I had hoped they borrowed from the look of the N97.....!!! Who, wooo! Good find.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Might be. My first thought after watching the video is that this "leak" seems to be done on purpose. It might also mean that the mockup on the table doesn't mean anything, but there's no way a person in that position would forget something as volatile as a new Nokia model laying around on a table when reporters are coming for an interview.

From the image it does indeed look Maemoish. There is the menu in the left top corner and the image on the screen looks similar to a current tablet desktop with a lot of widgets open.

But as it is just a mockup, I'd take it at the most as a hint of the design ideas that might end up in the final device. Or it could be the real thing

Oh yeah, and I think that the one on the right looks like boring as hell. I'd expect a bit more from the RX-51.

Last edited by Naranek; 2009-02-12 at 19:18.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I read somewhere that they were prototypes which lead to the n97.

SO they are not production models.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I read somewhere that they were prototypes which lead to the n97.
Sounds reasonable. They were on display next to the N97 and clearly non functional models. I'd expect a designer to have tons of these lying around.

Posts: 362 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Sydney, Australia
I hope/demand that we know more next week. Nokia had better announce new "maemo hardware" at the upcoming thingie ln Barcelona.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by nikolajhendel View Post
I hope/demand that we know more next week. Nokia had better announce new "maemo hardware" at the upcoming thingie ln Barcelona.
Or what?

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
Or what?
He'll begin posting increasingly petulant messages in this thread until Nokia cedes to his demands? Power to the people!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh man I hope that tiny thing on the right isn't the RX-51. The screen is microscopic, and that form factor doesn't leave much room for a battery...

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
The one on the right, maybe... I'm certainly liking the color scheme....
Black on black is a colour scheme?

EDIT: Watched the video. Comforting to see the quality of Nokia's recent UI efforts; it suggests good things for the Fremantle UI.

Last edited by qole; 2009-02-12 at 22:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: