Posts: 44 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ China
I've been trying to get GVM to launch via script so I can have multiple gvm.store's running on my n810. After some newbie fumbling, I've finally gotten a couple of scripts to work for backing up and restoring my GVM backups.

However, I still can't get a script to run that will launch the GVM with certain configuration settings. (This is important because I have been unable to get my GVM do a clean, successful hotsync with a Mac/Missing Sync OR Vista--even after reflashing my device and only installing the Garnet Virtual Machine without any additional software--it seemed to work once or twice, but then the Hotsync ID kept getting lost with subsequent GVM launches). When I execute "GLaunch", nothing happens and I get no visible error messages.

Here is the script I've written to launch the GVM:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/bin/gvm/gvm -S --rotated=no --fullscreen=no -i D050 -n xxxxxxxxxxxx -u "Xxx Xxx:1111"
-S saves the parameters to the gvm.config file
--rotated=no since the default is portrait mode (or so I understand)
--fullscreen=no to open witn DIA open
-i D050 is the four letter Device ID for a Palm TX
-n xxxxxxxxxx is the 12-digit serial number; I found my Palm TX's serial number using Filez, but the full TX number is 12 digits followed by a dash and a letter: eg., AB12C345D6EF-G
-u "Xxx Xxx:1111" sets the Hotsync ID followed by a four digit ID number (I haven't found any post that can tell me how to get the number off of my Palm TX, so I just chose 1111)

This script resides as GLaunch.sh within /home/user/MyDocs and has been made executable with chmod +x GLaunch.sh

Here is the .desktop file I created to add an item in the Extras menu:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.1
Type=Application
Name=GLaunch
Exec=/home/user/MyDocs/GLaunch.sh
X-Osso-Type=application/x-executable 
Comment=to launch GVM using set parameters
This .desktop file resides as GLaunch.desktop within /usr/share/applications/hildon

[Thanks to burmashave and Ta-t3 for their scripts' code!]

Can anyone tell me the problem with my script code so I can get this to launch?

I also tried running the script with -a Filz (to launch Filez directly) but that didn't work either.

By the way, this is my current draft code for launching an alternate gvm.store (in this case, intended to launch a specific alternate GVM for my eReader program and files):

Code:
#!/bin/sh

cd /home/user/.gvm
cp gvm.store gvm.store_backup
mv gvm.store gvm.store_orig
ln -s gvm.store_20 gvm

/usr/bin/gvm/gvm -S -a PPrs --rotated=no --fullscreen=no -i D050 -n xxxxxxxxxxxx -u "Xxx Xxx:1111"
Where PPrs is the "application creator" designation for the eReader app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Palmleavr For This Useful Post:

Tags
gvm, scripts