Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
This musical instrument is basically a keyboard that can display one, two or three octives at one time. Then you can quickly change octive using the up/down on your "D' pad. When set for one octive, the volume of the note changes depending on where you hit the key (top, middle, bottom). Also you can do a "slide" from one note up to another! I am quite impressed. Only improvement would be to save you last settings when you exit.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2009-03-20 at 14:12.

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Wichita, KS
i second that thumbs up. very fun little app. not quite as fun as a real theremin, but quite a bit more mass- and energy-efficient. the lower octaves (4 or 5, i think) remind me of an old black-and-white cartoon. i wonder if they used theremins for those old soundtracks....

The Following User Says Thank You to jmjanzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
I would love to create an orchestra out of the instruments we have for our nokias

the theremin has impressed me greatly as has boxar and pyano.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Opps, doesn't run after the last update (not even when run from terminal).

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Hi Den,

when you run theremin from terminal is there some output about the error why it is not run?

The Following User Says Thank You to igagis For This Useful Post:
I tried this a couple of weeks ago and it is very cool. The way it freaked my cat out was also very funny ;-)

fnord
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Newest version works fine for me (fresh install). Really cool app. One thing i would like to see is an unlock from the current octave. It is useful sometimes, but other times you want to jump octaves smoothly. I love how there is really no lag on this app, that is what sets it apart from the others. So smooth...

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
I added a checkbox to options menu, now it is possible to turn the octave locking off.
Changes are already commited to SVN and will be available in next release which is 1.3

The Following User Says Thank You to igagis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Would it be possible to add a 'tutor' mode. There are the examples of how to play some songs on the homepage, which is great. But it would be really cool to have the keys change colour in tutor mode so you know which key to hit. Similar to keyboards/synthesizers that have lit up keys.