Active Topics

I have a couple questions about the Maemo-Extras autobuilder. On Saturday I requested an invitation to upload to Extras and last night I received approval, so today I tried uploading my package (quickclip).

First I confirmed my invitation to upload to Extras and inputted a SSH Key (which I created on my Ubuntu Desktop).

I then used the Web Assistant to upload. I uploaded the *.changes file, then the *.dsc and *.tar.gz files. It said my application had been added to the queue and that I would receive an email in 15-30 minutes. That was 2 1/2 hours ago, and I haven't received an email nor has anything showed up in the autobuilder logs.

1: is it normal to take this long?
2: If not, is there something I did wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
qwerty12 brought down half of Nokia's computers with his parallelizing WebKit virus upload.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
qwerty12 brought down half of Nokia's computers with his parallelizing WebKit virus upload.
Oh, ok, lol. Thanks. I'll wait and see I guess.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
Oh, ok, lol. Thanks. I'll wait and see I guess.
Should be well enough back to normal.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Should be well enough back to normal.
It is, just checked my email and my Package uploaded correctly to both diablo and chinook extras-devel. Yay!

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
It is so very good to know that I'm not the only one who can bring down the maemo.org repositories!

(Although it is interesting that I took it down just by leaving my dependencies field blank in PyPackager)

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by qole View Post
It is so very good to know that I'm not the only one who can bring down the maemo.org repositories!
Well, I brought down the autobuilder (funny what missing one number can do...) so people couldn't add/update their free packages. People could still apt-get update & install stuff already there.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
people couldn't add/update their free packages. People could still apt-get update & install stuff already there.
True enough. Your mistake was only a conventional weapon to my nuke (although it was only a "non-strategic" nuke, since it only took out Extras-devel)

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: