Poll: Are cats better than dogs?
Poll Options
Are cats better than dogs?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Computer Science students at the Hamburogh Institute of Technology have successfully ported maemo to the iPhone and HTC Touch Pro. They say they are running it under virtualization technology (similar to VM Ware), so its not really a port, but it does run.

The virtulization app is available for jailbroken iPhones, as well as for any WinMo phone with a large enough resolution. No word on a release date.

Now maybe maemo will become mainstream...
Attached Images

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

This is really cool... but idk if they actually have done it... or just showing off. It'd probably run really slow because iphone processor is only 2-3 times more powerful... what about itouch... im assuming that this is going to work for it too, just not the bluetooth, gps, etc. Very interesting project. Reverse of what I proposed-iTouch/ iPhone on n810 using computer for processing...

In the end, this would definately be a good thing.... not for Nokia but, it's open source and, that's the risk. But, could work well for them as it means more apps etc. will be developed-meaning more people will want to buy it, since the n810 is great for being open etc, but turns people away with the lack of apps due to its small community...

OH.... it's VM ware... still pretty cool

Nice April Fools joke? :P

As far as I know Hamburogh Institute of Technology doesn't exist (Google searched it). Though I imagine it is possible if it weren't for the overheard of running the native OS + the virtualization layer and the second OS?

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

oh, LOL, still, it could be possible, if U use my idea for using the computer's processing power to emulate it via USB, (see my 'Emulating high processer devices on n810 eg itouch... thread)

It's possible but hard.

Tags
htc, iphone, maemo, touch