Notices

Hi, folks,

I've been experimenting with using an Android useragent in Microb (you can find the string I used here: http://www.botsvsbrowsers.com/details/248767/index.html) and it works wonderfully for several things: Google Calendar Mobile is fast and nice for viewing (but you need to use the _old_ Mobile interface to Quick Add a date), and Evernote is much improved. Gmail mobile exhibits the strange scrolling behavior mentioned elsewhere on ITT of late (looks fine, but "bounces" to the top whenever you scroll down).

However, on the Google search page, I get a strange error: "ReferenceError: google is not defined." The search page works fine after that, but I do get the error every time. Googling produces only developer pages. It's not really a problem as far as use is concerned, but it's annoying. Anyone else try this?

Best,
Jon

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Probably they use some WebKit only js features like the storage, which is not available in the old MicroB engine.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
(I'd try it in Tear, but my searching on ITT hasn't turned up a way to set useragent in it yet -- but I'm sure it would improve things!)

The Following User Says Thank You to jonathandueck For This Useful Post: