Active Topics

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Not sure how to explain this but here we go...
I take a lot of small notes, directions, instructions, you name.

I like the note taking on the N810 a lot and have been using it quite a bit.

Is there anyway to put your notes on your home screen?
Think: In the same way as your documents show if they are stored on your PC's desktop (running Windows).

I assume that things that goes onto the home screen has to be an applet - SO - is there an applet that:
- Created a window on your screen,
- Allows you to set a directory
- Lists the names of the documents in that directory on the screen on your homepage
- Allows you to scroll through those documents and click on one to launch it
- The ability to have them sorted in chronological order.

Is it even possible?
If so....this ability would be awesome for people like me that frequently look up notes and now could browse and launch them directly from an applet
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-06-19 at 03:50. Reason: Updates

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Not sure how to explain this but here we go...
I take a lot of small notes, directions, instructions, you name.

I like the note taking on the N810 a lot and have been using it quite a bit.

Is there anyway to put your notes on your home screen?
Think: In the same way as your documents show if they are stored on your PC's desktop (running Windows).

I assume that things that goes onto the home screen has to be an applet - SO - is there an applet that:
- Created a window on your screen,
- Allows you to set a directory
- Lists the names of the documents in that directory on the screen on your homepage
- Allows you to scroll through those documents and click on one to launch it
- The ability to have them sorted in chronological order.

Is it even possible?
If so....this ability would be awesome for people like me that frequently look up notes and now could browse and launch them directly from an applet
off the top of my head, I would say conboy and personal launcher.

use the search

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
off the top of my head, I would say conboy and personal launcher.

use the search
Yeah I looked at Personal Launcher but that's not quite what I was after. I seems like Personal Launcher replaces the home screen with icons of apps/things you can launch. While that is cool what I'd really want is an applet window (looking like the RSS reader) listing the documents and running on the same home screen where I got my weather, etc.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

More stuff on the homescreen? Oh God no!

what you need is "yellownotes" d'ont remember the thread do some search it is small and neat to keep notes on the screen.
found it here http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=yellownotes

T3 - IT 810
Confidence is hard to gain easy to loose impossible to regain, Pee

Last edited by Un27Pee; 2009-06-17 at 21:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to Un27Pee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
AFAIK, there is not such an applet ... It would be nice though !

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
Un27Pee,
No, it's not what he asked for. I use it everyday.
Yellow note is just like a small yellow note where you can write some words on the screen, it doesnt show notefiles that you can open directly.

SilverMountain,
I know, it's a different thing but if you use notes a lot, i warmly recommand you MAEMOPAD+ , you can use it to store and class notes with text, lists, drawings with all the hierarchy you may want ... it's really my second brain !

@un27pee, thanks for the suggestion on Yellow Notes - that's actually a very neat application. It's on my main page now and I actually used it three times today and was very happy to have it there as a remember-to-do-go-to note that is constantly in your face. Thanks again.

My original 'request' still stands though as I think it would be awesome to have a direct 'window' into a note-directory from your main screen...

The Nokia tablet is truly an amazing device..I love how versatile it is.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
I use Yellow Notes for any reminders I need. A home screen reader for Conboy or Quick Clip would be the best option I guess.

A automatic scrolling reader that you can target to a specific set of notes in either app would be very useful.

Originally Posted by Nelson L. Squeeko View Post
I use Yellow Notes for any reminders I need. A home screen reader for Conboy or Quick Clip would be the best option I guess.

A automatic scrolling reader that you can target to a specific set of notes in either app would be very useful.
Personally I'd be happy with just a file-manager looking interface-applet pre-set to a directory where the notes are.