Notices

hello,

i hope this is a known issue. my new n810 seems fine, latest system, but when i tried to playback some videos, various formats, various codecs they all came up totally garbled and scrambled, usually very small and you could sort of see the outlines of the movement in the video, but it was sort of like watching a scrambled tv signal. this even happened after i used the Nokia Internet Tablet Media Converter software. i would really appreciate any help or links.

thank you,
joe

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
dude, don't double post the exact same thread. maybe no one knows the answer, or the right person hasn't logged on yet.

try the media conversion link in my signature, thats what i use.

///EDIT

I got a duplicate thread deleted! I feel so accomplished... me and my tags.

(junior moderator, right here )

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-06-19 at 05:41.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by mindluge View Post
really sorry, couldn't figure out how to delete my post in general. couldn't find the right forum initially. suffering from noob syndrome.

any help still greatly appreciated. does the same thing when going to youtube with mytube.

joe
it's not a normal thing, what ur experiencing, so i would have t say no, it doesn't happen in mytube.

if the steps in the link in my sig don't work, i'd suggest reflashing the tablet.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
mplayer

try it. Or use some other video conversion program (like WinFF)

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

i re-flashed the unit and videos work now. had been using mplayer. had downloaded and tried all players actually and nothing had worked. am restoring apps now so if it stops working then one of the apps or packages i had installed breaks video playback. hopefully not. i will try to be a good noob from now on.

thanks,
joe

The Following User Says Thank You to mindluge For This Useful Post:
I have the same problem: Video is garbled, can see outlines, but most of the screen is green or black (depending on the player). Neither using canola nor mplayer made a difference. Simple restart did not help either.
It would be nice if I would not have to flash the NIT because it took me while to get the NIT the way I wanted.
Anyone know a solution yet?

Programs I installed recently:
Carman
GPE Calendar
erminig
GPE summary (always running)
youamp

Could any of those be the culprits?

Could it have anything to do with using tablet-encoder for the first time? (Previously encoded videos don't work either now, though)

Last edited by asdir; 2009-08-12 at 11:24.

Hello all,

I have also had this garbled video problem. I don't see any stated answers here, so I'm posting some screenshots to show what's going on. I can't figure out if I did anything special to make this happen, but video worked perfectly in full screen and not previously. It was after I installed mytube that I noticed the problem.

I'm running OS2008 on a N810. The first image is of the garbled video. The second is of the garbled video in full screen. The third is of the video "fixed" whenever anything overlays it, such as a menu item.

Thank you for your help,

tarek : )
Attached Images

Hello all,

To follow this up, it turns out to have been secondary to modifying the kernel for android. This was ultimately fixed with:

flash-and-reboot

That's it!

tarek : )

The Following User Says Thank You to tarek For This Useful Post:
Strange, I did not change anything in the kernel and never tried to install android.
The problem appears to be the same, though.
I still did not dare to flash the thing. So, if anyone can come up with an alternative way, I'd still be very grateful.

Hi,

I just got a N810 and experienced the same problems. Resolution: Flash it!!! If you use windows use the automated flasher software it takes 15 seconds to flash plus the time to download 125 megabytes. Even if the software alerts you that the last version is your current, don't care about it. Pretty easy and fast. I just can't understand why Nokia releases the hardware with such a bug!!!!!!