Active Topics

I have been an N810 user since they were released. Recently I have noticed that the tablet can barely complete tasks that it used to without dying. I used to be able to use skype have other apps open or surf simultaneously, but now I can only use skype for about ten minutes tops alone before the battery is critically low. I first noticed the problem after I updated to the newest version of os2008. After flashing to gain the new "gps" functionality of the most recent version of 2008 my tablet began rebooting when ever it was on the charger. The tablet reboots several times over the charging period. I would have thought it was a battery issue until a friend of mind started experiencing the exact same problem. The n810 is practically unusable. Bluetooth and skype will kill the device in minutes. Any help would be appreciated. The moral of this story is if you enjoyed using it today do not update it tonight. Use the working firmware.

Mine works fine with the latest firmware. I get 7 hours of light use, about 4 or so with heavy use.

How old is your battery?

I have the original battery so I would say about 2 years old. I know batteries lose there capacity over time but this is ridiculous. I also notice that I also notice I cant get an accurate reading of how much use time I have left. Use time flucuates from 7hours to 3 to 4hours yet idle time stays at 10 days. However if it dies and reboots the battery will be at half way. Go figure. What do you think it is the battery?

ps I get 10 minutes heavy use.

I had your problem with charging and rebooting, it was the memory card.
there mmust be someway to test where the juice is going

The Following User Says Thank You to maurice800 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
I just got my N810 a few days ago and I'm monitoring the way it handles my use by checking the battery power, I may be a little to worried to ealy but mine said idle-10d use-6hr, then idle-8d use-4hr but jumped back to use-6hr once i locked it then then unlocked it 10 min later ...so needless to say its probably just fluctuating with my sporadic use of putting it in standby then back on for some light use then back into standby so I read the wiki on power saving i guess i better re-read to make sure i do all i can to save power but i would suggest to get an new battery because even if thats not the problem it's not really helping either since its two years old. Also if the device its self has suffered any drops or bangs that might add to the thought or something going on thats internal to go along with the memory card idea too.

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-07-15 at 22:37. Reason: more

Advanced Power - check your battery life accurately in percentage to 1 d.p.

Statusbar Graph - Check if there are any processes hogging up the CPU that shouldn't be.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ West Hills California
Batteries are only good for 300 cycles. Yours are probably worn out.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
Advanced Power - check your battery life accurately in percentage to 1 d.p.

Statusbar Graph - Check if there are any processes hogging up the CPU that shouldn't be.
I'm at work right now (tablets at home) but if these are the downloads that i can just download from my tablet Thanks! but also do you know what i should do as far as programs... I think my little worry is from thinking that maybe i should move my programs to my external to free up internal mm to help put less strain on cpu which will save battery power... but really i have no clue or knowledge if it will work but if anyone else does please let me know. I just wana make sure I'm getting the hrs of use that most ppl are saying they're getting. oh and is stanby mode the same as turning off wifi and bluetooth "when it comes to saving power" or would it just be quicker to put it in flight mode and lock the screen.

thanks guys

Last edited by jalladin; 2009-07-16 at 10:41.

Originally Posted by tgalati4 View Post
Batteries are only good for 300 cycles. Yours are probably worn out.

How did you come to this conclusion. I will admit that I have been leaving my n810 on the charger probably a little to long. Could this have contributed to a malfunction in the battery?

thx

Originally Posted by maurice800 View Post
I had your problem with charging and rebooting, it was the memory card.
there mmust be someway to test where the juice is going
I removed and reinserted the battery snugly against the connectors and it has not rebooted yet. On the other hand I also remove the memory card about a month ago. I think the reinserting of the battery fixed the reboot problem. However, I still get very little use time on the device.