Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
If this is true...there goes my bye-bye-Skype plan.

So:

1) Does the 3-min limit on outgoing-calls only apply when using the Gizmo-client on a PC?

2) What do you LOSE by not using the Gizmo client?

3) Will it work to make unlimited out-going call, for free, using Gizmo on the NIT and through Google Voice?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-08-01 at 05:39.

Yeah, I found out the hard way. I think it's only limited to calls placed from gizmo (or a gizmo client). In other words, if you use dialcentral (or the web interface of anything but the gizmo client), I don't think your time is limited. Can anyone confirm that?

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
use dialcentral

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
use dialcentral
Do you know for sure that using Gizmo on N810 using dialcentral/G voice will NOT limit you to three mins outgoing?

I use Skype both on the N810 as well on my PC.

I want to switch completely to Gizmo if it's free but knowing that there is a time-limit now on free calls makes me question if it's really feasible for me to change over.

If you only get the limitation using the client and not if using the web interface then what do you miss out on by not using the client?
Call history, voicemails, contacts, etc?

Ugh.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-08-01 at 05:37.

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
my kb broke today so very short msgs [usin vista osk]

dialcentral and internet call is what im usin [gv + gizmo5]

no probs, no limits.

previosly used dialcentral+giz client, but found myself runnin pidgin too [gtalk prob in gizmo]

inet call works fine if u leave it runnin

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-08-01 at 06:01.

I tweeted this to timasoff (sorry name is wrong but i'm tired and about to go to bed).

From what I read on other tech sites this 3 min applies only if your making an outbound call using gizmo software. When you use dialcentral or the google voice website google calls your gizmo sipp number making it an inbound call which is completly free with no restrictions (as of now). I could be wrong though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I tweeted this to timasoff (sorry name is wrong but i'm tired and about to go to bed).

From what I read on other tech sites this 3 min applies only if your making an outbound call using gizmo software. When you use dialcentral or the google voice website google calls your gizmo sipp number making it an inbound call which is completly free with no restrictions (as of now). I could be wrong though.
Funny. It took you longer to explain the misspelling than it would have taken to fix it!

Yeah, this is right... Dial GV with DialCentral, making sure your GV settings point to your Gizmo account. That way, the Gizmo account will receive an incoming call when you dial out of DialCentral.

Oh, the workarounds!

Tim

Your are right @Laughing man. When you use the Google Voice interface or Dialcentral, it is seen as an inbound call...so no charges and or restrictions. If by any chance Gizmo changes that policy, then just get a sipgate number which is a free SIP(200 minutes outgoing and unlimited incoming). Again, using Dialcentral all calls would be seen as incoming and again unlimited. I am using Sipgate as a backup to Gizmo.

Any chance DialCentral will be backported to OS2007HE?