Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
http://www.engadget.com/2009/08/08/n...d-in-the-wild/

I don't know if this has been posted yet, just saw it today at engadget.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, they were discussed here before that...

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Whack 3-row keyboard.

As if the spacebar wasn't hard enough to hit before...

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Whack 3-row keyboard.

As if the spacebar wasn't hard enough to hit before...
Wrong. The spacebar was moved over to the right to make it far easier for you to hit with your right thumb than on the N810 and it's pretty clear it will do the job.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Wrong. The spacebar was moved over to the right to make it far easier for you to hit with your right thumb than on the N810 and it's pretty clear it will do the job.
That's a matter of preference.

"wrong." lol

///EDIT: nearly impossible with left thumb (as I am also a double thumbeded typer )

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-08-08 at 21:43.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
I remember Axel Meyer (moderately douche nokia designer) being proud of this spacebar position on the n97. If you ask me sound more like a marketing gimmick to make Nokia feel that the designing department is actually usefull .
Probably it will not make all this difference in usability and will help the device to differentiate a bit on the market

Flip Alarm Clock - 3DMania Theme - Synesthesia - Deluxepain
http://ciroip.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/ciroippolito

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I could live with the space (although middle was better for my typing style as I used both thumbs on it).

Left side ctrl is atrocious, though, for the reasons johnkzin outlined.

A note about right side cursors, though... I know from my use pattern I use the DPAD with my left hand as I have the stylus in my right. There goes Midnight Commander speedy use I also used a slide-portrait mode in my ebook reader, where I used the DPAD to scroll content (far easier than the zoom keys)... that's gone as well, duh

EDIT: On the plus side, at least they increased the space between the lower end of top slider part and keyboard, so it's easier to press the buttons in the top row. The buttons also seem a bit larger, but that might be an optical illusion as the rover itself is smaller than the N810...

Last edited by attila77; 2009-08-08 at 21:24.

If it's now completely finger-orientated, having your right hand free for the stylus shouldn't be a problem. I really like the stealthy face design, if it's capacitive and multi-touch, I'm sold.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Yeah, I guess it sucks for left-handed typers, but it's nice to have spacebar close enough to one thumb instead of too far away from BOTH thumbs as it is on the N810.

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
Nice nice nice... the box contains an AV-cable :-)
The pics also confirm the dual-LED flash.
Power button and zoom keys seem to be in very similar places to N810
Stylus not found yet (bottom right perhaps?)
Is the stand functionality given by the "ring" around the camera module?