Active Topics

I have searched and read and I am still confused. I have the new Cricket Evoke QA4 with unlimited data plan. I assume it has DUN or whatever it is I need, but I cannot figure out how to tether by N810 to it. I have the Bluetooth connection set up between the two, and they can bothe see each other. I am confused as to how to set up the dial-out within the N810. I use my N810 on my wireless all the time at home and want the same when I travel. Thank you for the help.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by MSchievelbein View Post
I have searched and read and I am still confused. I have the new Cricket Evoke QA4 with unlimited data plan. I assume it has DUN or whatever it is I need, but I cannot figure out how to tether by N810 to it. I have the Bluetooth connection set up between the two, and they can bothe see each other. I am confused as to how to set up the dial-out within the N810. I use my N810 on my wireless all the time at home and want the same when I travel. Thank you for the help.
Well, I don't know how things work with that particular phone, but here's what I do. I enable Bluetooth on my N95, and select "Change Connection" from the connection system tray. My N95 just shows up on the list. I select it and the connection is set up.

Also, you may want to see if tethering is also included in your unlimited data plan because for a lot of providers, it is extra and the last thing you want is to get a phone bill for $10k.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
I have searched and read and I am still confused. I have the new Cricket Evoke QA4 with unlimited data plan. I assume it has DUN or whatever it is I need, but I cannot figure out how to tether by N810 to it.
According to a quick Google search, though the Motorola Evoke QA4 does support Bluetooth DUN, Cricket disables DUN on all their phones. There's talk in forums on other sites about flashing Cricket phones with firmware from other carriers to enable DUN, but I can't recommend that.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the help so far.
I asked and Cricket told me tethering was allowed and no extra charge, but that they could not assist in the setup.

I have my phone and N810 connected via bluetooth, but when I go into the connectionsControl Panel, then Connectivity, it does not show my phone connection. When I click connections, it gives me connections setup, but I do not know what to choose. When I tried this last year there was a walktrhough the told me everything to do, but I cannot find it again. I do not know whether to use GPRS or Data call, etc.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
I do not know whether to use GPRS or Data call, etc.
Try GPRS with:
That's from a post on HowardForums. If that doesn't work, you'll probably need to Google a bit yourself or try posting on HowardForums. I've never even seen a Cricket phone, much less tethered to one. Cricket doesn't offer service in my area.

Thank you, I had seen that but did not know whether to use datacall or GPSR. I have tried both to no avail. I have also tried setting the for the Proxie to wap.mycricket.com port 8080. Any other ideas or comments are welcomed. I will continue to google and check Howards' but just hoping someone has solved this.