Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by dormant View Post
Instead of lots of this and other threads repeating the same questions, shouldn't we have an N900 FAQ, or just an AQ, on the wiki somewhere?

We can all add questions and answers as we go along.

Not that I've ever used the wiki, in fact I'm only assuming that this is the sort of thing it is for.
I like this idea. Can someone start a wiki page with all of these questions broken down into single subjects? Then, Andrew and I can fill in the answers as we go.

Thanks,
Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
is there an internal battery for which would allow hot-swapping the main battery?
- I don't think so but it's something we've occasionally asked for

backlit keyboard - don't think so, but still hoping

pressure-sensitive touchscreen? - n800 had it, and it's useful in maemopad+

maximum sampling rates on audio output/input - think xoscope

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speculatrix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Try some of the video websites to see if they work. veoh, hulu, openflv.com, megavideo, xtshare, vreel, mrbrownee, wisevid are some examples. Do they work in the stock browser? Can I log on to secure websites and pay bills? Try shopping with the browser on amazon.com and some other websites, does it crash when you add stuff to your basket? Is it easy to accidentally click a link on the edge of the screen if a webpage is open and you sit it down and then pick it back up?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
That answer seemed definitive enough...
Actually not, I've seen a couple hints from a couple Nokians that they might have a AT&T band version (very soon) and one reference to (IIRC) Nokian saying they are developing CDMA high end phones.

I know AT&T is the second largest carrier in the USA, so having support for it would be in Nokia's best interest; and since Verizon is the largest USA carrier, having CDMA would be even better for Nokia if they truly are trying to target the USA market seriously this time around.
Otherwise they won't even make a dent in the USA, staying with T-Mobile.

Your talking 88 Million w/ Verizon, 78 Mill At&t and only 33 Mill with T-mobile. Not that 33 Million is small, but when you are dealing with leaving easily 170 million potential subscribers in the USA on CDMA and then another 78 million by just adding AT&T bands is a significant number of subscribers your leaving on the table... Lets see a market of 33 Million or a market of 248 Million. Nokia would be utterly stupid not to attempt to get a much larger market in the USA. (Also, Canada also appears to have a larger CDMA base than GSM, so this would help their also)

How long is the Exclusive period with T-Mobile in the USA? Hopefully this will be release info on the 2nd.

Nathan.

Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
I like this idea. Can someone start a wiki page with all of these questions broken down into single subjects? Then, Andrew and I can fill in the answers as we go.

Thanks,
Tim

I'll start one: http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...aWorld_2009_QA

I believe I added all the questions, and any answers I saw. Forgive me if I missed one, I can understand why Tim wanted a Page. Lot of fluff in the thread to go through just to pull out the questions. ;-)

Nathan

Last edited by Nathan; 2009-08-31 at 23:57. Reason: Updated that I finished adding the thread questions to the wiki.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I also think we need to keep the thread open, too. Some comments are better kept in a forum-style thread than on a wiki page.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I am curious about new calendar application. Can I use it to access remote calendar over caldav? (like in ical or lightening).

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Will Maemo 5 on N900 support DUN? There is contradicory information about this. The Nokia website says it doesn't. (source)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Oregon
Is this coming to T-mobile USA as subsidized phone? If yes what date. If no will the warranty be valid for people in the USA who buy it unlocked? Thanks

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I'll start one: http://wiki.maemo.org/index.php?titl...aWorld_2009_QA
I've answered as many as I can from the information already gleaned from the SDK, screenshots & videos. Will add to those answers if there is more info exposed at the event.

Can anyone volunteer to tend that page - perhaps add some styling to the questions to differentiate them from the signed answers?