Nuevasync works like a charm !
I tried google sync first, it works sometimes.( most of the times it gives " exchange server not responding " )
Now i have been using Nuevasync for a week, with Google mail and it is very smooth.

The Following User Says Thank You to magalinasser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Groningen - Netherlands
When i start with a clean calendar and an empty contacts list. Google calendar and contacts sync perfect. Changes made on google are also synced correctly.

I found out that if i add an postal code to an contact. The "exchange server not responding" error appears. Clean my calendar and do a re-sync. All is fine.

Guess there is something wrong with the way Maemo wants to sync certain fields. Because it cannot sync the "postal code" itreturns with a "exchange server not responding". I now have the postal code in the "region" field and it sync again!

I guess there are more fields who will give this error.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeRRudi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olinka View Post
"Exchange server not responding" issue happens when you try to sync a calendar in your n900 with google that was previously synced with anything else. (other mobile, exchange, pc suite, etc) For example I imported my contacts (so not calendar) from my other mobile phone, and after tried to sync with google, and it did not work.

Resoution:
In sync settings set up a new calendar, and sync will work again.
You can also delete all items from calendar named "N900" and then try to retrieve the calendar items from google.

It worked for me, but somebody please confirm this is working.

Istvan
Yes! I was having the same problem. Sync to a new calendar and it worked (both ways). I am only using calendar at the moment, I haven't tried contacts (don't use google, need LDAP support for the N900!)

Thanks for the post

Rgrds

Peter

i succeed to synchronize the contacts + calendar ... but ... some fields are missing ... if the phone no is marked as "other" ... it seems that it won't be passed to n900 ... i bet there are other fields missing too

it also creates sms and sip audio fields ... funny and annoying !

shame ... it work perfectly with my n95

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
For anyone else syncing google (via nuevasync or not) do your contacts bday's appear as wrong int the smart calendar? Mine are all off by one day (i.e. should be 15th but show 16th)

It shows them as this way in the contact info too.

I have checked and the timezones of my phone, nuevasync and google are all the same (GMT-5). Any ideas?

another issue: if any of the contacts have several phone numbers under the same name (eg. "mobile") ... you get only one number trasfered to the phone ...

Originally Posted by bAxon View Post
I searched the forums but I could not find an answer about Google Apps/ G Calendar - Will N900 support two way sync with Google Calendar and contacts?

Tks
Found this http://www.google.com/support/forum/...8dea5ed7&hl=en Sorry if someone has already posted.

Rgds

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yogakills For This Useful Post:
OMG.. you don't know how happy you just made me.

i already have a separate mfe acct...is there any way to sync google calendar and contacts??

Originally Posted by chakli View Post
i already have a separate mfe acct...is there any way to sync google calendar and contacts??
Not at the moment; N900 supports a single MfE acc. I suppose a separate app. to sync would be possible (or a syncML client), but there's nothing yet.

I hope somebody's working on it tough
MfEfolders - Enable/disable MfE sync on a folder by folder basis; locally rename mail folders