Active Topics

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I just watched the interview with dr ari jaaksi and he mentioned that the n900 will not work with Nokia Music, which I have begun to use lately. Is there PC software that will sync music to the n900?

The n900 works like a usb stick when pluged-in. So you just copy over the files that you want. No need for a fancy music syncing software.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
There's not really any special program that's needed. Plugging in the N900 will have it show up as a USB hard drive so you can do what you want with it... there's no N900-specific music syncing app needed as far as I know.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
I like the idea of a fancy syncing app though, something clean/elegant/functional where I can organize and configure details, album art, and set playlists then transfer to the device.

Well then look if your syncing app supports normal mp3 players.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Could use Amarok, i guess.

When I plug my n800 into an Ubuntu machine, it detects it as a media device to sync to.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
I like the idea of a fancy syncing app though, something clean/elegant/functional where I can organize and configure details, album art, and set playlists then transfer to the device.
You could probably still do that and the just copy over the folder that has the music files and playlists in it.

Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
When I plug my n800 into an Ubuntu machine, it detects it as a media device to sync to.
That's because that's the way Ubuntu is set up. The N800 is seen as a USB hard drive... one for each memory card.

I just noticed something interesting, it gives each n800 partition, a small iPod icon, and the ones that have music I'm prompted to sync with rythmbox, and the ones that have photos I'm prompted to sync with F-Spot.