Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
Hey all!

I have been looking into the world of music creation apps on the Maemo 5 platform and other than MilkyTracker (which I am seriously trying to learn how to use and would appreciate info from anyone ACTUALLY using it on their NIT) coming up completely empty.

I for one just don't buy the idea that the n810 isn't powerful enough to run anything. If I could run Bhaji Loops on my old Arm Processor Sony Clie with far less power, logic tells me that there is something else missing from this idea.

Even on my old ipaq Pocket PC there were some very cool and powerful music apps.

I think what this comes down too is that both Palm OS and Windows Mobile are not open source platforms and the coders created apps with the expectation of making money from their creations.

I think the thing here is for someone (a coder) to try and reverse engineer the concepts of Bhaji Loops and construct for the NIT.

I have found JamStudio.com to work on the n810 which is a cool option for entry level ideas but still not a loop tool.

i've never heard about JamStudio.com. what do you do with it?

go to the site and find out...

basic Flash based online music creation tool.

very cool

The Following User Says Thank You to coosbaytv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
go to the site and find out...

basic Flash based online music creation tool.

very cool
i took a look. glad i found out about it, thanks. please let us know if you accomplish anything useful with milkytracker. i've been researching it myself without much luck.

going through this http://www.seele07.de/milkytutorial/data/overview.html now.

I did find some sample songs that were done in it that were very accomplished.

Just need to learn how to do it myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to coosbaytv For This Useful Post:
So I guess that one of the reasons that people are not using this app is due to it's "no right mouse click" functionality that I just found out about.