Notices

Anyone know if Rhapsody has been ported to Maemo 5? Does it come bundled with the N900?

Now that the N900 is 'always on', I thought Rhapsody might get more traction on Maemo. I would love to listen to a song that I choose anytime, anywhere.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
any update on this?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It hasn't been, and it's a shame. I would really like to use it. It works on the N900, but I found it quite difficult to use.

Luckily, I can use it on one of my older tablets.

I don't know what can be done about this. I suppose that Nokia would have to bribe Rhapsody...

The latest news is that Rhapsody is splitting from Real and cutting their basic rate to $9.99 a month.

It seems to me this would be a GREAT time for someone from Nokia to ask them to support the N900 as they did the N800 and N810. They need us more than ever.

I guess no one but me is very interested in Rhapsody support on the N900...

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I guess no one but me is very interested in Rhapsody support on the N900...
I would be intersted also I alread have an account for me and my wife she uses on it her ( o )phone. I hear it is even getting download support would be nice on n900.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

It is possible to get Rhapsody to work on the N900 even now, but I found it very difficult -- in fact, I couldn't get it to work a few days ago, though I definitely got it to work in the past.

If anyone knows exactly how to get it to work now, I would like to see their method.

But it would be nice to go back to official support from Rhapsody. Is just writing some emails the best way to go about lobbying them, or is there someone with more clout who could help?

I put some time into trying to get the n810 version working but it does not.

I love rhapsody, and I run it on my android phone. I wish we could get support for it on the N900, its so frustrating that there is a maemo app for it that probably needs minimal updating to make work.

Did anyone try Rhapsody to Go on the n900? Based on the pieces of info I was able to find it is unsupported because of lack of DRM on the OS.

No version of Rhapsody works on the N900, especially Rhapsody To Go.