Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Noticed that the first app for N900 has appeared in Ovistore. It's a racing game called "High Speed 3D". Looks like a Java game. Price is 3 euros.

Anyway, happy that N900 seems to have Ovi store support from the start.

For anybody interested checking this out: go to store.ovi.com and change your phone setting to N900 (It's under "touch" category).

Last edited by Rauha; 2009-09-24 at 07:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Good find.

You can find more information about the game here
http://www.herocraft.com/en/games/de...page=1&ID=7960

I must say that i looks very bad, the graphics is horrible.
I hope they have made a new version for the n900.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Matic View Post

You can find more information about the game here
http://www.herocraft.com/en/games/de...page=1&ID=7960
Also interesting that it's priced at 1.64 EUR on that page...3 EUR in Ovi store.

VAT + Nokia's cut + operator's cut.....

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Maybe its just a mistake on ovi store...
http://www.herocraft.com/en/games/de...page=7&ID=7960
On this page there is no mention of N900

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
Maybe its just a mistake on ovi store...
http://www.herocraft.com/en/games/de...page=7&ID=7960
On this page there is no mention of N900
that would be really funny, the first N900 ovi application is a mistake... but from all the ovi store experience, this is kind of expected

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I'm sure the developers get to select what devices the game is for when submiting applications to ovi store so maybe they selected many devices and the N900 was selected by mistake or sometghing
one way to find out is see if that same game is available for other devices at same price and is same size etc

edit: same game is available for n97 mini same sized file and stuff no changes what so ever, you'd expect some change between two different OS versions,
btw it does look a lot like java game but n900 dont run java lol

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-09-24 at 07:50.

If anybody with N900 prototype and 3 euros of spare cash reads this: Let us know if it works and if the file is DRM'd.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
If anybody with N900 prototype and 3 euros of spare cash reads this: Let us know if it works and if the file is DRM'd.
Or someone just ask herocraft, because the game doesn't recreate itself for another platform.

IMO this is a mistake from OVI because:
1) The game was reported being Java and Java is not supported in N900
2) The N900 was reported not having DRM so the game can be shared by ppl with no need to pay the 3e, but on the other hand in Windows there is no DRM on apps and the game creator can add some protection for re-installtion built-in.
3) Ovi store for N900 was announced by Nokia to come later.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i think its mistake that the game is there yes,i think herocraft selected n900 by mistake when chosing multiple devices to submit it for and some how it went unoticed by people doing the checking at nokias end.
but i also think n900 will get ovi store before we all think as N900 as been added to supported devices list.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Beijing
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
i think its mistake that the game is there yes,i think herocraft selected n900 by mistake when chosing multiple devices to submit it for and some how it went unoticed by people doing the checking at nokias end.
but i also think n900 will get ovi store before we all think as N900 as been added to supported devices list.
Good thinking! I agree with you on this point, also it seems like nokia are gearing up to push the N900 a little more than hey had first planned I think. It is getting some good press after all.