Active Topics

Notices

After the new update in piddgin, they change the default smiley theme, now for all, aim,yahoo. msnn, you get just like the basic standards.
Before I haad the sett for yyahoo, for msn, for aim.
Even in tthe preferences in the theme selection, says ''small''small version of the defaultt smileyss.

My question where I get the full smiley version, on the apllication manager, nothingg, I look and my repositories are correct.
Any knows how to get the older ones smileys?

Thank you so much..

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Indonesia
Originally Posted by andreuy1980 View Post
After the new update in piddgin, they change the default smiley theme, now for all, aim,yahoo. msnn, you get just like the basic standards.
Before I haad the sett for yyahoo, for msn, for aim.
Even in tthe preferences in the theme selection, says ''small''small version of the defaultt smileyss.

My question where I get the full smiley version, on the apllication manager, nothingg, I look and my repositories are correct.
Any knows how to get the older ones smileys?

Thank you so much..
i believe that you use the 2.5.8 version. actually the default smiley theme is not missing, but this because of the definition of emoticons in the default smiley theme is not complete. attached is the definition file of emoticons smiley theme. uncompress the file using this command 'gunzip theme.gz', then put the 'theme' file into directory /usr/share/pixmaps/pidgin/emotes/default/ replacing the old 'theme' file.

other ways, you can upgrade your pidgin into 2.6.2 version (it's in the extras-devel repo), along with the default emoticons package.
Attached Files
File Type: gz theme.gz (3.8 KB, 200 views)

thanks it solved.

Tags
pidgin, smileys.