Notices

Sorry, if this is answered elsewhere - but really looked and looked

I have the opportunity to use the N900 from time to time and would like to be able to record screen sessions - and not only screenshots.

Does anyone know how to do that ?

I use Load-Applet for screenshots and it is supposed to do screencast recordings too - but the clips end up without any content.

Anyone ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Walsted For This Useful Post:
Posts: 23 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
ctrl + shift + p

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by aSIMULAtor View Post
ctrl + shift + p
What does that do?

Originally Posted by aSIMULAtor View Post
ctrl + shift + p
That's for screenshot, yes.

But Screencast is different thing, it's like recording video from the screen.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Walsted View Post
I use Load-Applet for screenshots and it is supposed to do screencast recordings too - but the clips end up without any content.

Anyone ?
I've got the same problem myself.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by Walsted View Post

Anyone ?
What version are you using?
I think the version 0.4.5-2 should work (it's in extras-devel), but the previous ones lack the gstreamer module necessary to record screencasts.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
What version are you using?
I think the version 0.4.5-2 should work (it's in extras-devel), but the previous ones lack the gstreamer module necessary to record screencasts.
It must still be missing because I'm running 0.4.5-2 and I'm getting the all black recordings still.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
It must still be missing because I'm running 0.4.5-2 and I'm getting the all black recordings still.
Just tried it and it's all black too. The developer has built its own gstreamer module, and it must be somewhat broken.

With previous versions I had it working, just copying the gstreamer module from the SDK package to the right place.

Workaround: install the version from extras-testing (0.4.4-2), copy libgstximagesrc.so to /usr/lib/gstreamer0.10/ and don't update load-applet until this is fixed.

Last edited by yerga; 2009-10-08 at 16:24. Reason: updating libgstximagesrc location

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Just tried it and it's all black too. The developer has built its own gstreamer module, and it must be somewhat broken.

With previous versions I had it working, just copying the gstreamer module from the SDK package to the right place.

Workaround: install the version from extras-testing (0.4.4-2), copy libgstximagesrc.so to /usr/lib/gstreamer0.10/ and don't update load-applet until this is fixed.
How do I get access to /usr/lib ... The File Manager who is part of N900, does not show those folders.

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
emelfm2 or midnight commander

They are great file system managers! I use emelfm2, so I'll show you how using that...

Start xterm
make sure you have a root program, like rootsh or gainroot
become root (by typing "root" or "sudo gainroot" or whatever)
type emelfm2 and press enter
Then browse to /usr/lib (its just like in windows explorer)
ta da!!!

I am not sure if these programs are available for N900, this is for N8x0.

You can always access this from the command line and use mv to move files.

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.